Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frustration  (Read 8906 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: Frustration
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »

Something is either being VERY noisy or VERY x10 signal draining.  I have now tried it on three outlets and each outlet the lamp modules will only work in the same outlet.   Its acting like its not just two phase but EVERY switch and outlet is seeming like its on a different phase.  If it was just a phase issue half of the outlets in the house should work.  But none do.  which means i have some sort of wicked noise issue.  Still trying to track it down. I'm sure i will also have a phase problem but i need to get SOMETHING working first before worrying about phase problems.

Elfmaze ,

You really need to worry about the noise and phase issues FIRST !! Trust me on this... Was not to long ago I was in your shoes, and real close to boxing everything up and selling it!!! But I listened to the guys on here, followed their instructions and all is good now!!

Until you get your Phase and Noise Issues figured out, you will be  >*<  B:(  >*<  B:( ......
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 03:47:33 PM »

OK explain this one.    I plugged everything in the house back in. .....About 90% of my outlets are responding now........

I can't. As standard [and standardized] as homes are... they still vary greatly. We can only list (and have) the common (and even UN-common) problems. I have yet to read a post by anyone who wasn't able to track down and resolve an issue with they're setup.

However... there are no requirements on your desired results. If your happy with 90% of your outlets responding... congratulations. However, that would drive me crazy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 03:49:36 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Elfmaze

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 08:22:43 PM »

lol, at least we are getting somewhere.  this means the other 10% will most likely be taken care of by the phase coupler.  it may not be a noise thing at all,   OR the noise could be being blocked by the conditioners.  Maby they only filter incoming signals and not outgoing?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:05 AM »

And just for ****s and giggles plugged the AHP transceiver into the UPS'ed and power conditioned computer plugs since those are the only other plugs the USB cable can reach.

Going THRU the UPS the system is working!  About 90% of my outlets are responding now........

I take it the UPS is a "true sine-wave inverter" type?  Maybe the power conditioners are helping.  Not to "jinx" your good fortune, but most have found the CM15A will eventually smoke if plugged in to a non-sinewave UPS.

Heck, most have found it won't signal through a UPS!   ???

Good luck!

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.