Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA11A DRIVER?  (Read 12450 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
VA11A DRIVER?
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »

Is there a linux driver for the VA11A? I've read on the internet that the VA11A can be used with linux, but the page with instructions seems to be gone now. Can anyone advise please?

B:(

karmabreath

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: VA11A DRIVER?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:43:51 PM »

The gspca series of video driver modules claim to include support for the VA11A. I had the device working well about a year ago. Then, the gspca driver was merged into the kernel (and re-written). Since that point, I have had no success. I am still searching for a solution (short of using an older kernel, which would allow me to once again use the old gspca-xxx driver.)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: VA11A DRIVER?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »

The gspca series of video driver modules claim to include support for the VA11A. I had the device working well about a year ago. Then, the gspca driver was merged into the kernel (and re-written). Since that point, I have had no success. I am still searching for a solution (short of using an older kernel, which would allow me to once again use the old gspca-xxx driver.)

Belated thanks, Karmabreath!

I searched around quite awhile for an answer to this question, including Linux support, and never got anywhere.

Why is Linux so difficult if not impossible with video? I mean, even the hardware that's supposedly compatible with Linux always seems to have a problem. Can I ask you what video hardware are you using and is it working?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.