Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enhancing RF Signal Range with a SimpleHomeNet product  (Read 8192 times)

accord728

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Enhancing RF Signal Range with a SimpleHomeNet product
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »

I am making some great progress with my X10 home network and looking to expand more into some of the Insteon products that X10 does not have. I also have an ongoing RF signal problem with my CM15A which this device is notorious for. It blows my mind that X10 has not resolved this problem. In short my RF does not work on my CM15A so I use a transceiver device with an X10 Smart RF Repeater Extender (SR731/PSX01) for my RF signals. This work around works a lot better but still does not give me the RF signal strength I am looking for. My house size is about 3300 sq ft and the RF signal has problem reaching all corners of the house and definitely does not work outside on my patio. I found a device on Smarthome.com that bridges Insteon technology and X10 technology and also improved rage. The device is EZX10RF by SimpleHomeNet which can be found on http://www.smarthome.com/31276/INSTEON-X10-RF-Wireless-Sensor-Receiver-EZX10RF/p.aspx. So my questions are, does anyone use this, does it work well and any thoughts on this item?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:32:56 PM by accord728 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Enhancing RF Signal Range with a SimpleHomeNet product
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:45:45 AM »

I have an early firmware version of that module. Mine when it receives an All Units Off X10 RF command. Sends an All Lights Off. I don't know if they ever redid things.
You may want to look directly on their web site and forums.
www.simplehomenet.com
http://simplehomenet.com/forum/index.php

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »

If you have rf problems with the cm15 only then I would highly recommend the v572 in this link:  http://www.wgldesigns.com/v572.html  I have one of these and couldn't be happier!  Alot of range and receives all 256 codes.  I believe its just for x10 though.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

accord728

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »

I have also seen the c572 and sound good any idea of the range. Any idea of the range. I have read a lot of good reviews like yours and sounds like it will fix my RF problems. I still like the idea of the EZX10RF because of the greater range (do not know if is as good as the c572) and the bridging capabilities between X10 and Insteon. Do not miss understand me, I do like most of the X10 technology and pricing but Insteon has some really cool features that sadly X10 does not have. I am hoping to get more feed back from EZX10RF users before I make a decision between the 2. I will check out the simplehomenet forums. I find user reviews most times more helpful than just the product specs. Thanks for all of the feedback so far!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:02:25 AM »

The range on the v572 is excellent!  I don't know the exact measurement but I went all the way down to the creek with a motion sensor and had BVC tell me that it was still firing!  I probably stopped at about 75 yards but I really think it would go further!  I couldn't live without it!  And no I don't work for the company.   >!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:01:19 PM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Jim Clark

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »

I have to agree with hawk1. I have the v572Rf32 and have no problem getting a signal from the motion sensor in my shed which is 120 feet from where I have the unit located.  :)% :)% :)%

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:27:48 PM »

I also have the V572RF32.  Very reliable and 300' range is no problem...........

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.