Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can not program ANY DEVICE after a master clear  (Read 9299 times)

drjay77

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can not program ANY DEVICE after a master clear
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:51 PM »

I received my X10 icon remote today.  model # is IR10A.  I began setting up my remote and was able to get the TV set up, and my blu ray player partially set up.  After tinkering around with a few different codes, I did a master clear to start over.  Once I did the master clear, I am no longer able to program any device.  The codes that previously worked for the TV and the blu ray player no longer work, and neither do any other codes.  I went through the whole deal with trying all 330+ codes too, even the ones not for my brand.  No device will program at all now.

I sat on hold to technical support for over an hour and only got to speak to someone for 5 minutes.  She did not know the answer and put me back on hold where I was then disconnected.  I redialed, but have been on hold for another 3o minutes before I was put through to an answering machine. I am too tired to deal with this.  B:(

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Can not program ANY DEVICE after a master clear
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »

....I sat on hold to technical support for over an hour and only got to speak to someone for 5 minutes.  She did not know the answer and put me back on hold where I was then disconnected. 

That sucks.

Your never put on hold at the forum. I was a beta tester for the Icon remote... so I have done the master clear myself (a few times). Reloading the Icon seemed like part of the testing.

I'd try removing the batteries (for a few minutes). if that doesn't work... clear it again. It should default (when cleared) the the language selection screen.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.