Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I get the fourth camera to work???  (Read 4736 times)

grt1968

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How do I get the fourth camera to work???
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »

I have a four camera system and I can get three of them to work. A little noisy but can see. Have 2 B/W & 2 Color. Ever time I plug the forth camera in I have major problems and it gets noisier. Haven't even tried to record or view away from home and at this point I scared to try, but I will. Any help is greatly appreicated.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: How do I get the fourth camera to work???
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:38:54 PM »

Have to give us a little more info!  What major problems are you having?  What software are you using? What receiver are you using? Do you receive a good picture and the sound is bad?  Tell us about how you have your sound hooked up.  What transceiver are you using to switch cameras?  The more you tell us what you have and what your trying to accomplish and what the problem is the more we can help.

We will be glad to help, but we need to know everything you can tell us.   ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »

........... Tell us about how you have your sound hooked up. 

grt1968....  hawk1 is correct... the more detailed the information the better.

But keep in mind... the sound you hear from your cameras microphone (through a TV or computer) is amplified sound. If the camera hears the TV or PC device... what you will hear is the amplified sound, of the amplified sound. Commonly referred to as feedback.

Make sure the camera isn't in hearing range of the TV or PC that plays the sound.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

garagedude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:41:20 PM »

Altho I'm a newbie also, I had troubles with my fourth. Thinks to ck are cam channel selected under the little rubber plug on the camera, distance of the fourth cam, are you starting over with cam 1 and then switching to cam 2, then to cam 3, then to cam 4. Mine wouldn't work unless I went straight to cam 1, and went thru each and then to cam four?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.