Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'm trying to find a certain item, but can't...  (Read 8343 times)

amg06f

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I'm trying to find a certain item, but can't...
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:25:14 AM »

Okay, a few months ago, I remember seeing a slimline switch similar to the SS13A, except it had FOUR (4) on/off buttons and NO dim/bright switch.  At the time, I didn't need one, and now that I do, I can't seem to locate one.  Am I going crazy, or do these actually exist?  Does anyone know what the item number is and/or where I can find one?  Thanks in advance.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: I'm trying to find a certain item, but can't...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:38:33 AM »

Was it a wireless type?
There are wired in units that have a control base that varied button sets can be added. I know a four button button top was one of them.
I believe X10Pro and Leviton where ones I have seen.

amg06f

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:57:56 AM »

It was wireless, and looked exactly like the SS13A...the only difference was that the 4th button was another ON/OFF switch.  Actually, if you look at the X10 Wiki for the Slimline Switch, the picture depicts 4 ON/OFF switches:
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Slimline_Switch
That's exactly the item I'm looking for, only the item number isn't displayed on the site as anything but an SS13A or SS15A, neither of which have 4 ON/OFF switches.

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58:25 PM »

You must have seen it on one of the emails that X10 sends. I recall seeing a four-way doorbell switch that was mapped to four locations. I'm almost sure it was an ad mistake or an X10 salesperson's hype (nah, they'd never do that!)  ;)

amg06f

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »

I actually called the 1-800 number they have, and they told me that they DID make the item, but it was discontinued and that the item was still under the item# SS13A...if anyone finds 1-2 of them somewhere, I'd love a link.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »

I actually called the 1-800 number they have, and they told me that they DID make the item, but it was discontinued and that the item was still under the item# SS13A...if anyone finds 1-2 of them somewhere, I'd love a link.
The four address slimline switch has been "dead" for quite some time (I think two to three years minimum). You might get lucky on eBay, or with a "Wanted" notice on some of the other HA web sites. I would like to have a couple myself. I think I do still have a couple of the original versions which was about the size of a Palm Pad and used four "AAA" batteries.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »

I used to have one, but your description of it being "about the size of a Palm Pad" is not correct. It was about as thick as a Lamp Module.  Mine eventfully died and was replaced by a SS13.    It would be nice if X10 would make one again, the same dimensions as a SS13, with a different part number. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »

I used to have one, but your description of it being "about the size of a Palm Pad" is not correct. It was about as thick as a Lamp Module. 
Nope I just checked...mine is the exact same size as a Palm Pad, and has four vertically aligned rocker switches. Yours must be the earlier "6L6" version.  rofl

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

Don't remember the model number.  Do you happen to have the X10 part number, "6L6" does not ring any bells.  I tossed the one I had in the trash after it quit working and was replaced by a SS13.  The one I had was white, boxy and used Velcro to attach to the wall.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »

"6L6" does not ring any bells. 

I think that referred back to the era when "hi-fi" systems used tubes.  6L6 was the workhorse found in the output stage of many of them, usually in a push-pull configuration driving the output transformer.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »

"6L6" does not ring any bells. 

I think that referred back to the era when "hi-fi" systems used tubes.  6L6 was the workhorse found in the output stage of many of them, usually in a push-pull configuration driving the output transformer.

Jeff

That's why I posted what I did.   I had one of the units that X10 Made that was replaced by the SS13 since it failed.  I don't remember the X10 part number of the unit, it was about as thick as a pack of cigarettes and had four switches.  Like the SS13, it required a TM751 or RR501 transiever to operate.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 08:46:23 AM »

Jeff; Oh the cherry red glow of a tube being overloaded.  ;D
Brings back days of my youth.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »

Jeff; Oh the cherry red glow of a tube being overloaded.  ;D
Brings back days of my youth.

Yup.   I wonder how many know what a 829B is...   And referring to a "tuned cavity" probably brings up thoughts of a dentist office.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »

You guys need to check your grid leak bias. Somewhere I have a "dip" meter I can send you.  :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.