Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vangurd software won't switch my cameras  (Read 11342 times)

dierenfeld

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vangurd software won't switch my cameras
« on: April 27, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »

What is going on?I get on my dell windows xp bring up my newly installed wireless 4 camera with software package deal,I have the usb wireless camera transceiver module with the usb video adapter,wireless transceiver module(it plugs into the electrical plugin in the wall,usb transceiver that sends the signals to the cameras.Everthing works find,I can switch from camera to camera,pan and tilt,do everthing that it is suppose to do.Than after awhile 15 minutes more or less it will not switch from camera to camera,when I click on the next camera on control panel it shows that it should be that camera be the picture does not change,and the camera on the screen will still pan&tilt.Everthing works but I can't switch camera view.I have hand held remote,whan I use it they switch.Whan I try it with the computer nothing and the usb transceiver has a little red light and it flashes when I try to switch cameras with the computer.If I close it out and wait awhile and start it back up it works again for awhile then the same old crap starts and the only way I can change the camera view is with the hand remote.Any body have a ideal.Tried calling tech line but I can't spend my life on hold.Thanks for any input and when I do fix this I will post the fix!

tallelf78

Re: Vangurd software won't switch my cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »

sometimes Vanguard locks up my CM19A and when I view my Device Manager the device is missing.

a quick unplug/replug usually fixes it but this is a problem if I am not infront of the computer

Scott86

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30:43 AM »

My problem is similar and this may provide a clue.

I have 4 cameras (2 color outdoors, 2 B+W indoors) on Ninja bases and am running Vanguard on Windows Vista 64. I can switch between 3 of the cameras with either the CR14A or the Vanguard software. However, as soon as I plug in the camera closest to the computer it seems to overwhelm the other 3 cams and it forces its video feed with none of the other 3 cams now being accessable. Clicking in Vanguard on any of the 4 cams will not switch to their feeds (same with the CR14A)... it just continues to only show me the feed from the cam closest to the computer.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »

to the original poster, i assume you have the cm19 and tm751?  It sounds like to me that your not getting the rf to the tm751.  If you can use the remote to switch cameras then that means that the tm751 is working.  The strange thing is you say it works for 15 minutes then quits.

When do you have your screen saver come on? 15 minutes?  Or standby? 15 minutes?  If for some reason your system is going into standby or hibernation after 15 minutes, maybe xp is shutting down the driver for your cm19 and not reinitialising it.

Do a test:  go into display properties and change your settings to no screensaver, disable standby and hibernation.  After 15 minutes try again and let us know what happened.

To Scott86:  Can you move the 4th camera around to different outlets and see if they work?  Away from your computer.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:21:57 AM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:23:02 AM »

I had a similar situation where one camera's output was showing for all 4. Found out that the plug from the camera into the plugin for the power cord was not all the way in. You must push it in all the way. I may tape my wiring to keep it from loosening when I move the cameras around.

Sue

freeze1

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 04:52:47 PM »

mine does it when i use the multi remote. to fix it i connect remotely on another pc and it frees it up.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.