Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: alarm clock. Morning automation, sunrise simulate pt 2  (Read 2906 times)

Elfmaze

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
alarm clock. Morning automation, sunrise simulate pt 2
« on: April 16, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »

I decided to make a new post since the system is somewhat working now. 

I have used it three days now.   First day it only told me the weather,   the next i guess the computer restarted thru the night so i got nothing.  Then this morning the lights came on first,  THEN the good morning, missed the time,  and straight to weather and radio.

How can it just decided not to run certain batch files or fire them out of sequence?   I will post up the macros tonight again.   But so far its defiantly not reliable enough for an alarm clock.

Elfmaze

Re: alarm clock. Morning automation, sunrise simulate pt 2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:35:05 AM »

It appears to be getting worse.  Now None of the exe files for PCC will work.  lights work,  and it opens and runs internet explorer every time from a batch file.   

But the PCC parts will just open a black window temporarly and not say anything,

Is this the same type of problem Tuice was having?  Maby one of his fixes will work for me

Elfmaze

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »

OK i think i have something to work on.   PCC doesn't likle to wake up in the morning either!   I didn't hear Anything this morning so i tried running one of the batch files manually.  Nothing for about a minuit BUT it did eventually run.   THEN all the files i ran after that worked great.  Maby i'll make a blank speech macro to wake it up a minuet before the actual speech is to start?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »

Check out this link  Problem with Batch files executing? 
AHP has a bug with firing windows command macros!
I posted a walk through work arround which has worked flawless for me since I put it to use! ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.