Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HA Robots... anyone else doing this  (Read 12714 times)

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: HA Robots... anyone else doing this
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »

Gonna need a longgggg extention cord!!!!   rofl
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 04:40:40 PM »

Gonna need a longgggg extention cord!!!!   rofl

rofl   The Ninja runs on 12 volts DC.. so does RED. I put a meter to the little stereo jack that the Ninja uses and soldered up a new one the same way. The Ninja then shares the power with the camera. The camera works fine as does the Ninja... and is solar powered.. as well as mobile. No cord needed.

I could have just used a DC converter (12 volt DC to 120 volt AC) as I did with the other camera... but decided to use the 12 Volts direct.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:54:49 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hawk1

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »

Shirley, (surely) you know I was funnin!  I love all the neat things you do!  Thanks for sharing!   #:)

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »

..you know I was funnin! 

Yep... I knew. And the regulars here (like yourself) know I have way too much free time on my hands.. NOT to waste some hacking this stuff up. I am just tickled when it works.

I haven't done any real testing yet... I only finished this a couple hours ago. But I think this may be handy for car monitoring.

hawk1

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »

Be kinda cool if someone was messin with your car and wait...  all of a sudden....  DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!  Very cool indeed!   8)

HA Dave

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »

...if someone was messin with your car and wait...  all of a sudden....  DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER! 

Yeah... RED does help keep an eye on the truck and trash can. But I am wondering... and once again I haven't tested or put a meter on the ninja to see what its power draw is... if a Ninja could be used IN anyones car/truck. The stereo plug conversion is nothing... and can easily be soldered up to a 12V lighter plug.

I am thinking the best way to keep an eye on a car/truck... may be with a camera IN IT.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:40:29 PM by Dave_x10_L »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »

Dave_x10_L,

Neat!   :)%

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dahur

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »

Pretty darn cool, Dave.  I've always been interested in robotics, and I think a lot of people would love to have something like this.

When you decide to market it, and are on your way to making your millions$$, I'll be at the head of the line to buy one.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:51:16 PM by dahur »

HA Dave

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

I've always been interested in robotics, and I think a lot of people would love to have something like this.

I've always wanted a robot! When I was a kid I was silly enough to want to own a computer. But I had to wait (20 years) till I was an adult with my own family before Commodore made computers (VIC-20) cheap enough for me to own one.

My love of science fiction has always left me waiting for products that are not yet invented. I took a lesson from -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) and decided if it wasn't available... I'd just create it myself. Now I talk to my house... and it/she talks back (thanks to Bill). And I have what I refer to as a "typical" Home Security Robot. From what I've read... there are thousands of us building our own robots now.

I have yet to intergrate the robot with my X10 yet... there is plenty of work to do.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:12:03 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

kieranmullen

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • 360Oregon.com
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 11:53:17 PM »

You guys with the RC cars, you do this on other peoples sites or just your own house?

It would not seem professional to leave wire hanging on the ground and in the crawlspace just to leave it lying on the tiles.
I do not think that either of these installations would pass inspection.

HA Dave

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »

You guys with the RC cars, you do this on other peoples sites or just your own house?

It would not seem professional to leave wire hanging on the ground and in the crawlspace just to leave it lying on the tiles.
I do not think that either of these installations would pass inspection.

I am afraid I don't follow. What RC cars or wires are you referring to?

The vast majority or forum members are users... not installers or businesses. I don't know of any users that knowing violate any codes or create a hazardous condition in their own homes.

For some time RC hobbyist have mounted (RF) remote cameras to their RC cars and planes. X10 cameras are often chosen for this as X10 makes a very reliable and durable little camera.

Robotics is now a very fast growing hobby. All I've done was combine my Home Automation interests with an interest in robotics. Borrowing an old idea from the RC hobbyist with the cameras was a natural.

What I've hoped to do is intergrate my X10 home automation with a [wireless] camera mounted on a mobile platform (hence the name of X.M.O.P. for X10 activated Mobile Observation Platform). That by itself could expand my home security camera setup. The RC controlled platform/robot can take the camera to any area that I might want to explore (and.. why I call the device R.E.D. for Robotic Exploration Device). RED is a 12 volt battery powered, NON-tethered, solar charged device. I don't like unsightly wires myself.

My attempts have NOT been completely successful... nor a complete failure ether. But this is a hobby... and NOT a commercial venture. And unfortunately... I am on a fixed intelect.

I have controlled my Home Automation setup using Voice Commands for more than a couple years now. My hope is to at least extend that feature to the robot. I most recently added a modified X10 Ninja to RED... and of course added a YouTube video (or two) to show how this works.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:06:11 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.