Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Maybe I am making this harder than it needs to be.. Am I understanding this?  (Read 7608 times)

jmcdoiwell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

4 - Xcam2 cameras
1 - Video receiver
1 - Transceiver module

So if I understand this correctly...

I will setup each camera, for the TRANSCEIVER module ( The white thing with the antenna ) using the remote.
 Once they are setup, and in place.  I will be UNable to view all 4 camera at once.  But instead, the receiver will get only one signal at a time.  The vanguard software will tell the TRANSCEIVER to switch between cameras. 

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks in advance..

Joshua

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House

sounds like you got it to me.  I hope that you forgot to mention that you had the cm19a unit to plug into the computer as well.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

jmcdoiwell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

sounds like you got it to me.  I hope that you forgot to mention that you had the cm19a unit to plug into the computer as well.

You mean the receiver?  The little black deal?  Yes it's plugged in VIA usb.

I am trying to fixed a botched install that someone else performed.  I got to the point that I needed the remote, and it was gone so he ordered a new one.  So when I go back, I just want to make sure that I know what I Am talking about.

Joshua

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House

I'm a little out of my element here, but I believe you need the VA11A/VA12A to run the video into the computer, and the CM19A or a CM17A or CM15A to send the RF signal from the computer to the transceiver.  Do you have any of those devices?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.