Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Neee More than 8 Second Delay in IconRemote Macro?  (Read 9979 times)

WildBill47

• Helpful Post Rating: 18
Neee More than 8 Second Delay in IconRemote Macro?
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »

It may seem obvious once I say it, but it did stump for a few minutes. I did mine in "themes", like Blu-Ray+TV+HT Rcvr, and as well as turn it all on, I need to get some things in the right mode, the problem was the TV needed longer than 8 seconds before it would respond menu controls, actually about 12 seconds, just a turn on.

So I added a needless "Exit" command in the chain, 8 Seconds before it and 6 second for the next one that was the real TC menu command, so it picked the Video Source Menu and then picked the Home Theater as in the input source.

So the trick, so to speak is, if you need more time, just do something command that does nothing or a number of them and use enough to build up the delay you need.

Works perfectly!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Neee More than 8 Second Delay in IconRemote Macro?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »

Ya know, WildBill is on to something here. 

I watch non-cable TV over the air alot and have noticed that those darn commercials are really loud anymore (as compared to the actual programming).

Knowing that the typical commercial break is two minutes long and that it takes me about two seconds to hit the button when the commercial starts, I created a macro that turns down the sound for 117 seconds.

Just followed WildBill's advice above.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

WildBill47

• Helpful Post Rating: 18
Re: Neee More than 8 Second Delay in IconRemote Macro?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »

Interesting application of that delay trick, variable vol down / mute. You could make a number of them, 15, 30, 60, 90, 120... To deal with all variations.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.