Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just Not My Day  (Read 2501 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Just Not My Day
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »

I guess it just hasn't been my day (week, month or year).
Here it is, June something or other, and I was starting to get worried about receiving the prize from that contest held some time back.  I either sent a PM or email to X10bobby asking if he had forgotten about me and never heard back.  I did some detective work and finally got back with Bobby, and he was just as shocked as I was that the remote never came.  A catastrophe of events, I guess the wires got crossed somehow.

Bobby has GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND in resolving this, even though the problem more than likely didn't involve X10 at all!!!  Sent me tracking numbers and all!!!!  Let's chalk this up to a major positive on X10's behalf!!!  Thanks Bobby!!!  (I'm just a little suspicious of the USPS or other carrier or even an unscrupulous neighbor.)

Now for Part Deux.  Tonight, the wife and I decided to splurge on a pizza. (since her heart attack, we seldom eat junk food.)  Yes, there is a place that delivers to the absolute sticks!!!  First of all, I was disappointed that I paid $3 for 6 fried mushrooms. Second of all, the driver forgot our soda.  Third, he forgot his credit card reader and wanted to write down our numbers.  (out came the cash).  Fourth, the pizza wasn't done!

Dear X10bobby,
Would you please move to Ohio and run a small time pizza joint in a town of 900 people that has a 30 mile delivery radius?  I know it would be a major culture shock and a deduction in pay, but think of how much you could teach people on how to run a business and how to take care of the most important people -- the customers.

Knightrider's Company Rating of X10:

Customer service :  A+
Products            :  A
Innovation         :   A
Web Design        :  D
Marketing           :  C

Overall:  3.0

Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Just Not My Day
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »

Now for Part Deux.  Tonight, the wife and I decided to splurge on a pizza. (since her heart attack, we seldom eat junk food.)  Yes, there is a place that delivers to the absolute sticks!!!  First of all, I was disappointed that I paid $3 for 6 fried mushrooms. Second of all, the driver forgot our soda.  Third, he forgot his credit card reader and wanted to write down our numbers.  (out came the cash).  Fourth, the pizza wasn't done!
rofl
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:17:22 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »

..........you could teach people on how to run a business and how to take care of the most important people -- the customers.
Customer service :  A+

I [also] have always been impressed with X10 service... as well as products and VALUE. Thanks X10!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »

GOT IT!!!!!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »

I've talked to x10 Bobby on the phone.
Good man but he don't seem much like country folk.

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.