Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UX23A with TiVo  (Read 4523 times)

fitz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UX23A with TiVo
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:34:55 PM »

I'd like to dump my VCR and move up to the digial age by recording to an old TiVo unit I have laying around.

The TiVo record function requires one to press Record, then Select on the TiVo remote to start recording, and Record, Down, Select to stop recording.  The instructions for the UX23A (DVR/VCR Commander) does not mention the ability to enter multiple commands for the Record or Stop functions.  Attempting to enter multiple commands while programming the UX23A does not appear to do the trick.  As many brands of VCRs require you to press Record twice, as an example, this appears to be a major failing of the UX23A.

I thought I'd ask before I go  B:(.

Thanks in advance!

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Re: UX23A with TiVo
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »

I noticed this is an old post with no replies, but thought I would respond so that anyone searching on the topic would find this answer.

I solved this problem by using Bill's Voice Commander (BVC) and the USB-UIRT that BVC supports.  Info on BVC is available at www.wgjohns.com

A complete description of how to setup BVC to generate Tivo commands and create the AHP macro is available in the BVC forums here:
http://wgjohns.com/forums/index.php?topic=34.0

Hope that helps anyone else trying to address the same issue.

ITguy

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.