Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless to wired simple question for someone  (Read 4689 times)

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Wireless to wired simple question for someone
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

I know I'm  >*<.  However, after reading Pucks discussion from several months ago as well as others posted here I have managed to get my wireless XC18A converted from wireless to wired audio and video actually not too difficult to do. 
Here is my problem, I am unable to switch between cameras.  When I go from C1 to C2 they both stay on.

Within the power supply cable there are a red and white wire as well as a ground.  I have tried to use the red wire (always hot) obviously camera stays on.  I have tried the white wire (supposed to be the controlled wire) still both cameras remain on.

If I remember correctly I think Chinaboy had success with this?  As well if Puck is still around I would like to know how you control the power on/off on your wireless to wired cameras you converted last year?

Is the on/off contolled by wireless in these cameras via the chip in the body?  I have taken a different camera and hardwired the video leaving the chip in place without an antenna same results, both cameras stay on. 
Thanks.

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Wireless to wired simple question for someone
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

Disregard prior post, after 3 days of frustration I changed to a different power supply and "like magic" they worked perfectly, now have 8 wireless cams converted to hard wired all controlled with the new X-10 ICON Remote.  Wish I had done this 2 years ago.  Thanks PUCK for your post last year on converting.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.