Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Small Night LIght won't turn off  (Read 4435 times)

ultradianguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Small Night LIght won't turn off
« on: May 22, 2009, 03:47:10 PM »

Hi - I thought I had found the perfect little night lights to use as indicators of X10 state - eg a light that would indicate the garage was open.  They are little button like lights, don't take up much space, but very visible. They're 1/4 watt.  Unfortunately, even when a lamp module turns off, they are still on, albeit somewhat dimmer.  It works fine with standard night lights, but they are take up a lot more space, and stick out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ultradianguy

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Small Night LIght won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

Ignore this post, browser locked up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:27:10 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »

Interesting.  Where did you get them and what brand name is on them and how do they connect to AC power?

The fact that when you used a lamp module, they "glowed", did you try an appliance module?  Lamp modules steal a tiny bit of power, thus the "glow" when the module is off. Appliance modules have a mechanical switch (you hear a "click" when they operate.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »

Both Lamp Modules and Appliance Modules have Local Control. This will keep any low wattage bulbs glowing. I have an assortment of LED Bulbs and all of them glow with both a Lamp or Appliance Module. The newer Appliance modules are much better; but that low a wattage is going to glow.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »

Hi - I thought I had found the perfect little night lights to use as indicators of X10 state - eg a light that would indicate the garage was open. 

I have a little lamp that my wife bought me for the garage door warning light.... but I also use a BVC Voice Announcement reminder/warning. You can see both on my YouTube Video.

They are little button like lights, don't take up much space, but very visible. They're 1/4 watt.  Unfortunately, even when a lamp module turns off, they are still on, albeit somewhat dimmer.  It works fine with standard night lights, but they are take up a lot more space, and stick out.

The light in the video is an LED... I use a SocketRocket (and standard adapters) to turn the light on and off. But the voice announcements give the best warning.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:56:22 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:14:30 PM »

sounds like you need a keypadlinc from smarthome
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.