Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard ICC does not send email upon motion detect  (Read 8737 times)

dancerceo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard ICC does not send email upon motion detect
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:38:06 PM »

Hi everyone -

I've recently setup a camera system and the Vanguard ICC software.  Unfortunately, the Vanguard software will not send email (I have it configured to send snapshots when motion is detected by my Floodcam).

I've seen some discussion about this problem on the forums but I haven't seen a solid resolution to the problem or a good alternative to the Vanguard software.  My ISP is AT&T U-verse and I am confident that I have everything installed and configured correctly.

Is there anyone out there who has this software sending email upon motion detect?  Any work-arounds? or suggestions for better software?  One of the main reasons I purchased the package was so I could receive camera snapshots while away from home.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Vanguard ICC does not send email upon motion detect
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »

B:( Did you get this working? I am not getting emails sent either!

I am wondering how the Vanguard system sends emails? I have not given it any information about my email software or otherwise so does it use its own mailserver somewhere in X-10 land?

Sue
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:19:38 PM by suesloan »

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Vanguard ICC does not send email upon motion detect
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

Sheesh!  :'( I just noticed a little icon with "off" in it down on the bottom of the Vanguard screen that I had not noticed before. Mouse over, the popup says it is to enable/disable motion detection! Once I turned that on, I started getting the durn emails.  B:(

I thought that setting up the eagle motion detectors was all I had to do! I do not find any mention of this in the Vanguard docs or help for either motion detectors or email. 
Sue

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.