Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA12A Driver Solution  (Read 16948 times)

bozo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA12A Driver Solution
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:44:59 AM »

If you are having problems installing the driver for the VA12A, here's a solution I found. I was setting up the system on my desktop computer which is 5 years old now, and many hours of trying to install the driver, I decided to try installing to a newer laptop. The driver installed right away on the laptop, which comfirmed to me that the VA12A was working.

I know the desktop had USB 2, so I went into "Device Manager", & clicked on "Enhanced Host Controler", & selected to search the internet for new driver. A new driver was found & installed. Then the VA12A driver installed fine.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: VA12A Driver Solution
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:43:42 AM »

Thank you for the helpful information.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:24:13 AM »

........I know the desktop had USB 2, so I went into "Device Manager", & clicked on "Enhanced Host Controler", & selected to search the internet for new driver. A new driver was found & installed. Then the VA12A driver installed fine.

So... are you saying you downloaded a new driver for your USB2 card?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »

Does sound like the users USB Drivers where updated.

bozo

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:40:05 AM »

So... are you saying you downloaded a new driver for your USB2 card?
No, in fact I don't have a USB card in this computer.

What I did was update the driver for the "Enhanced Host Controller", which is the controller for USB2. This can be done by going to "Device Manager"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »

......... What I did was update the driver for the "Enhanced Host Controller", which is the controller for USB2. This can be done by going to "Device Manager"

Cool... glad you got good results. A five year old computer... is far from new... but I would not have expected such results. I had to update the drivers for my Home Automation PC also... but it was originally a Win 98 P2 machine (about 10 years old).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:33:24 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

gerby

• Nfusionforum
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »

If you are having problems installing the driver for the VA12A, here's a solution I found. I was setting up the system on my desktop computer which is 5 years old now, and many hours of trying to install the driver, I decided to try installing to a newer laptop. The driver installed right away on the laptop, which comfirmed to me that the VA12A was working.

I know the desktop had USB 2, so I went into "Device Manager", & clicked on "Enhanced Host Controler", & selected to search the internet for new driver. A new driver was found & installed. Then the VA12A driver installed fine.

Glad it worked for you, I will try this tonight after work, This is the second VA12A that they sent me and it will not accpt driver..will post results tomorrow.
THE GERBER

call63

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »

I got mine working this morning too! And now that i've read your post, it makes sense to me why it worked after doing the service pack update for Vista (SP2) this morning. Right after the Service pack installed, I plugged in the VA12a to see if, by chance it would see it... And Whalla!.. "Huston. we have lift off."

I should have just done a re-format & re-install, but I don't have a backup system, & there's so much i needed to keep for work. Thanks to Josh M, Vanessa C, Eric B, & Nakita P for helping me. I apologize for being a pain in the Arss  :' I always try & give props where props are due, so in keeping with that tradition..: "you guys were right. It was my systems that was causing the problem. I totally stand in awe of all of you!"  :)%

gerby

• Nfusionforum
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »

Tried to update enhanced host controller but appears to be up to date, I disabled it (EHC)and voila VA12A appeared in sound video and game controllers, but would not start, it is a USB host issue, i will update XP tonight and check Bios to make sure USB2 is enabled.
This thing is driving me nuts...:) also Time is a big issue for me.
Gerby
THE GERBER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.