Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Question--X10 Transceiver?, and a note on new account emails  (Read 2358 times)

jjustjjo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Newbie here.  I have an X10 Maxi controller and one appliance modeul tht I haven't used for years.  I picked up several transceivers (TM751) at a garage sale for next to nothing.  However, I am stumped as far as trying to make them work.  Obviously, I don't have a clue what I'm doing.  I've plugged a night light into the transceiver unit, tried sending a code form the maxicontroller 3, 4, 5 times.  Doesn't do anything.  If I use the Ampliance module, works just fine.  Yes, the house codes are set to the same setting.

Would someone kindly explain to me what I'm doing wrong, and if I need something else to make the transceiver module work?

Note on new account emails:  Had to use my work email address to get the activation email.  Is mchsi.com being blocked? Yes, I've checked all the spam boxes, deleted messages, etc.

thanks!

jo

P.S.  Love your emoticons!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

The TM751 does not have any power line receiver in it. That is why the Maxi Controller can not control them. They are strictly RF commands and Unit code 1 on the House Code set on the dial.
The lack of power line receiver also makes it impolite. It will step on another power line signal as it has no way of knowing it was present.
The RR501 does have a power line receiver in it and can do both RF tranceiveing and on and off by power line commands.

jjustjjo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Thanks, Brian!

Anyone interested in 4 tm751's cheap?  I paid a grand total of 20 cents for these.  I'll pass them along for 20 cents plus whatever it costs to ship them.  (Hope that's not against forum rules, but they are of no use to me.)

j

UPDATE 7/22/09: The 751s have already been snagged...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 07:58:55 AM by jjustjjo »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

jjustjjo

Piggy backing on Brians reply a bit. To control the TM751s you will need a RF remote control such as a "Palm Pad" or "Credit Card Remote".  You will be able to control other X10 modules through the TM751.

X10 usually does not respond to user questions. You need to call or email X10 regarding your email account question.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.