Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Motion Detector installation notes  (Read 5241 times)

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Eagle Motion Detector installation notes
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

Installation:
1) The advertizing says no special tools are required, however, the tiny philips screw in the Eagle's battery cover is smaller than more philips screwdrivers can reach. I have a computer consultant tool kit and the smallest screwdriver is the one I had to use.

2) Batteries are not included. Nor does the advertizing tell you to get lots of AAA batteries if you plan to install these components (2 batteries each)

3) I read somewhere in the forums that if you replace the batteries, you lose your settings (unit, house, etc) and must set them up again. That may be fine for now, but in 2-3 years where will I have put that little piece of paper describing these settings. Perhaps printing them on the inside of the cover would be a good idea?

4) I suspect that even when the Vanguard software sets "motion detection" OFF, the hardware is still sending signals about motion to the cameras, etc. Dont know if this is true/false because the Vanguard button to do this is NOT documented anywhere.

Just sharing my recent experience now that 90% is working OK!  :)%

Sue

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Eagle Motion Detector installation notes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

I like sticking Velcro on the back of "eye" sensors. That way changing batteries and codes can be done on the ground and in the light (never on a ladder in the dark).

Of course... I am a AHP user... so many codes are neatly stored within my macros and since many of my actions also include a voice announcement I have a nice list in BVC also. But.. I also have a paper-based listing of what is where and what code is what. Actually as my setup grew I needed the paper for me to put it all together in my mind.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:08:13 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.