Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An old newby here.... Just found a Radio Shack plug'n power 61-2417 in my  (Read 3286 times)

strider7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

junk pile. It hasn't been used, forgot I had it. I have the CD for it and the serial cable. I also found a couple of old Radio Shack modules.  I have a load of the new X 10 stuff due Saturday.  This forum is great and I'm looking forward to getting set up with X 10. I am setting up both security and automation with the new pile of stuff, so this forum will be a gold mine of information.  A neighbor three doors away had his tool shed broken into a few weeks back. At the very same time, someone made away with my dog.  I have a barn bldg with upper floor for my shop, general shop down, electronics up, so I'm worried they plan to pay it a visit in the future. I already have some security stuff in place, but no cameras yet. 
 I've been an industrial maintenance guy for 40 years, am a pretty good gadgeteer and a dedicated pack-rat.   Anyway, glad to be here, guys...   65 in a few months, so I guess I'm glad to be anywhere.  Mike... near the Smoky Mountains in Tn

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

I have a bunch of Radio Shack Plug'n Power lamp modules still in service.   AHP doesn't care what name is on the case, it a lamp module.  I've also have a Magnavox labeled lamp module, the code wheels are covered by a swing out door.

Every module regardless of what name is on it is made in the same factory. X10 holds the patents.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Welcome to the Forums.

The Black and Decker 'Freewire' modules are also OEM from X10.
Their messenger HUB and Remotes where different, but also controlled both X10 and their modules.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:02:18 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.