Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you be intrested in controlling your home automation system via SMS and MSN? Feel free to say why or why not and read the thread ;) !!!

Yes
- 18 (75%)
No
- 6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Text Message/SMS Control  (Read 70990 times)

ThePharaoh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Text Message/SMS Control
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2010, 09:01:02 AM »

Now that the prototype is finished, and im sure msn will work as a controller, i will finish the home automation system. Problem is....should i chose the arduino...or just make it compatible with the cm15a....i think a cm15a would work better for most of you since u already have one...most of you.... and would be overall cheaper...but i still have to buy one to program for it....and its like 50 bucks...so u guys may have to wait longer

My other option is the cm11a. I think its even cheaper...but it doesnt have usb...maybe a serial to usb adapter? Do any of you know if its slower than the cm15a?

If you have any adapters you wish to donate or sell cheaply contact me...

Thanks

STI2NR

• Security cams online!!
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »

I see what you are trying to do but there is an application out for android phones called autom8 that does this. 

Another option is the x10 plugin on abelcam software.  You can view your cameras and use the x10 plugin from a website server that is on your home computer.  There is an admin login to be able to use it.

Have you tried that??

I am experimenting with abelcam software right now and so far it works great.

Just a thought.
Licensed Inside Commercial Electrician in Oregon and Washington --USMC veteran 1993-2001--3 time marathon completer 2008 (4:12) 2009 (PDX 3:44, Seattle 3:32)

ThePharaoh

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »

I have not had much time to work on the project for a while, im hoping now that schools coming closer to an end i might be able to do some more.

I see what you are trying to do but there is an application out for android phones called autom8 that does this. 

Another option is the x10 plugin on abelcam software.  You can view your cameras and use the x10 plugin from a website server that is on your home computer.  There is an admin login to be able to use it.

Have you tried that??

I am experimenting with abelcam software right now and so far it works great.

Just a thought.

I know there are other options out there, but my goal is to make an efficient system everyone can use...not just people with android phones. I will make it so u can access it from anywhere you can access twitter, facebook, msn, twitter, yahoo, aim, and maybe more. I will do msn, facebook, and twitter for sure...the others are iffy...but the goal is to make the remote access universal....also, since you can update twitter and facebook with text messages, sms is also included...i also think its possible to use sms with msn...

My major problems now are time and financing...im experimenting with arduinos...and also im thinking about trying to make it even cheaper with a cm11a or the new usb version...but the problem is buying these parts will take me time and im on a tight budget...if anyone wishes to donate or sell one cheap...id be grateful
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:02:37 PM by ThePharaoh »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.