Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Suddenly all 4 cameras are showing Camera 4 image  (Read 7746 times)

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Suddenly all 4 cameras are showing Camera 4 image
« on: June 08, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »

Ok, I am leaving at 11 AM Tuesday and today, suddenly, all 4 camera views are of Camera 4 which is in my office. I rechecked all the others to make sure they are plugged in and the motion detectors are in place the same as yesterday. I reloaded Vanguard. I am at my wits end!  >*<

Suggestions PLEASE! Sue

suesloan

Re: Suddenly all 4 cameras are showing Camera 4 image
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »

Update. I restarted Windows too. I went and walked past camera 3's motion detector. All 4 cameras in Vanguard show Camera 3 until it fiddle with camera 4's motion detector. Switched all 4 to camera 4 again.

This is unacceptable! I will also call Tech Support, but I appreciate any and all suggestions here! I have about 14 hours to fix this! Sue

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »

Sue,
this sounds like a signal problem to me.  I'm guessing that you have a noisy line or a signal sucker or a phase issue (all of which are popular topics on the boards [easy to search for]).  Lets start your troubleshooting oddessy by asking that age old question:

What has changed at your house?

Do you have any cell phone chargers or plasma TV's?

Have you mapped your circuits?

Together, I'm sure we can get you through this.  Good luck, and I'll be checking in from time to time.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

suesloan

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »

Sue,
this sounds like a signal problem to me.  I'm guessing that you have a noisy line or a signal sucker or a phase issue (all of which are popular topics on the boards [easy to search for]).  Lets start your troubleshooting oddessy by asking that age old question:

What has changed at your house?

Do you have any cell phone chargers or plasma TV's?

Have you mapped your circuits?

Together, I'm sure we can get you through this.  Good luck, and I'll be checking in from time to time.

Actually the ONLY change from yesterday is that I have one circuit in the utility room (no cameras or computers in there) that has quit working. It was intermittantly doing this yesterday too because the washing machine was connected to that circuit and it went off and on while I watched! The light in that room flashes on and off but I cannot tell which breaker is going out. The light is off now and the washer unplugged. I guess I could go and start throwing breakers off/on until the flashing stops. Is this my only hope? Otherwise I have no new devices anywhere.

BUT, this is not my forte -- electrical stuff. I think that this is nutty that the software switches all 4 images to the last camera activated by a motion detector. That is what it appears to be doing!

Sue

suesloan

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »

Update: I found and turned off the circuit breaker to the Utility room.

I reloaded Vanguard, but it still shows my office camera on all 4 cameras. Only after I activate the motion detector. Before that, all cameras are solid static.

I restarted Windows. I finally have 4 different camera images. I really hope it does not act up while I am away! Will check in the AM to see if all is OK. I really doubt my house-sitter can deal with this if it goes wierd again.

Sue
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 06:16:32 PM by suesloan »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.