Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why won't X10 answer my phone call?  (Read 2242 times)

TaraSingletary

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why won't X10 answer my phone call?
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:52:13 AM »

It is Monday at about 10:45 am Central time, and as I type this, X10 has put me on hold for exactly 26 minutes, without even picking up at all. It alternates between music and a ringer that is never answered. Obviously, this is a bad time to call; but this is stupid, even for a high call volume time. The number I called is 1-800-442-5065.

I am a first-time customer, and this is a bad start -- first, a product that won't work, then the company won't even take my call!

[BTW, if anyone can help me here, I have purchased a Personal Assistance System PA5800, and the console will not call my programmed phone numbers. It will do everything else exactly as it's supposed to do; this is the only thing it won't do. I have tried the Troubleshooting guide in the owner's manual and still came up zilch.]

When is the best time to call?

Tara

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Why won't X10 answer my phone call?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »

We are mostly volunteers here and don't have direct ties to X10. I believe the call centers are in Washington State so there maybe a time difference.
I am sure someone here will have data on when they found calling was best.

Are you on a standard type phone? As some here have Internet and Cable Phone services and this can make unique situations.

I am sure others that have had problems will give you some great tips.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Why won't X10 answer my phone call?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »

Some of the manuals that come with the equipment can be vague! ::) :' :'(
Since everything else seems to work fine for you it sounds like you may be missing a step in the dialer setup.
I'm not sure if the PA5800 uses the same setup sequence as the DS7000 but try this:

1,Set the console's INSTALL/RUN switch to INSTALL.
2,Press the PROG button.
3,Enter the first phone number that you want the console to call in the event of a problem, e.g. 234-5678.
4,Press the MEM button.
5,Press 1 to store the phone number in memory location 1.
6,Press PROG and enter a second number, followed by pressing MEM and then 2 to store the number in memory location 2.
7,Press PROG and enter a third number, followed by pressing MEM and then 3 to store the number in memory location 3.
8,Press PROG and enter a fourth number, followed by pressing MEM and then 4 to store the number in memory location 4.

To change a number, repeat steps 1 through 4, then 5, 6, 7, OR 8.
When you are finished programming the numbers, move the console's INSTALL/RUN switch back to RUN.
If you want to store only one number, 'fill up' the memory locations with that number. Ex:

234-5678 memory location 1.
234-5678 memory location 2.
234-5678 memory location 3.
234-5678 memory location 4
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.