Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new user  (Read 6604 times)

freeze1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
new user
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »

ok, i bought the 6 camera setup with vanguard and the dvr for 249 , one heck of a deal if you ask me. I also bought the front porch automation kit for fun, in which they sent me a extra socket rocket which was really nice, they work flawlessly. As i posted before you can reduce the cpu consuption down to 50% by using 98 compatibility mode, but as ive read on and havent actually tried to record anything, i have hit a brick wall as others have with the vanguard software. Its really great for home monitoring, it works nice, i can even connect over the internet on one of my other pc's, but ive also tried to let others view it and they cant. Ive connected to there pc via teamviewer and cant get it to work, seems like a firewall/IE protection feature somewhere. But , the recording feature is flawed, it totally locks up both pc's ive tried it on. My question is, can i control everything with the home automation software and use it to record for my motion activated cameras too? If there is another post on this i apologize, i dont have huge amounts of time to look. All im looking for is reliable functionality out of my kit, so far everything is working great, along with the usual reception tweaking im running 6 cams crystal clear, i just want to record to my pc and send out stills to ftp/ email in case of a burglary. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

freeze1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: new user
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 07:07:55 AM »

found a answer to my problem, works fantastic! Thanks for all your help :)%

suesloan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: new user
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 08:35:29 AM »

How about sharing your solution with the rest of us??

Sue

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.