Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using wall switch (XPS3) to control appliance module?  (Read 4529 times)

adesimone

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using wall switch (XPS3) to control appliance module?
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »

I was wondering if it was possible to control an appliance module (pam01/am486) with a wall switch - I have an xps3 (pro appliance wall switch) that is used to control an outlet and I would like to turn on/off an appliance module when the switch is turned on/off.  Basically I have one lamp connected to the switched outlet (with a CFL) and I would like to turn on another lamp at the same time (with a CFL).  Is this possible?

thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Using wall switch (XPS3) to control appliance module?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:43:13 AM »

The XPS3 does not have a power line transmitter in it. So no it can not directly turn another module on or off.

There are some very clever folks here and they may have a way for you to do what  you desire.

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »

How about one of the wall plug recepticles made by x10?  Change out the plug to that, then you can control the plug itself.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »

Basically I have one lamp connected to the switched outlet (with a CFL) and I would like to turn on another lamp at the same time (with a CFL).  Is this possible?

thanks
Not with the XPS3, however Smarthome.com has Insteon/X10 wall switches which control the load AND send out X10 codes then the wall switch is toggled.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.