Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: CM15A stops working (repeatedly)  (Read 27218 times)

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: CM15A stops working (repeatedly)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »

I'm using XP with all the latest patches with almost no other applications running on it. I first had the latest AHP, but moved to 3.228 as recommended here.

Every 48 hours or so, AHP cannot communicate with the CM15A. I've replaced the CM15A batteries, flashed its memory, etc. After much trial and error, I've discovered that X10nets.exe (service running in the background) is the culprit. It seems to have memory leaks that ultimately bring AHP useless. To get around it, I have to exit AHP, unload x10nets.exe through Task Manager and start AHP again. That temporarily fixes it for about 48 more hours. Starting and restarting AHP doesn't fix it. The service must be unloaded.

Since the OP mentioned that the "latest" seemed to have fixed his problem, I was trying to figure out which version it was to see whether X10 might have done something between when I got my system (jan 09) to now. Unfortunately, I cannot run the version I was given because of its total instability.

GregH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »

I, too, am having trouble with my CM15A.  I'm having to reset it every couple of days.  I'm running Win XP Pro SP3, the wonderful XTB-IIR, and AHP 3.228...shoot, I just realized I have 3.236 running. 

I had to do a computer rebuild recently and forgot to load 3.204 then upgrade to 3.228, using my 3.236 copy of AHP to reload.  I'll knock it out and put 3.228 on and then report back here.

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »

can anyone tell me where to get .228 and .204 ver of ahp  all i have is .326
M M ElectricMan

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »

Here you go:  Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe.  Save that and install it over 3.236.  When the install is complete, open AHP and use the update link in AHP to update to version 3.228, the last good release of AHP.  Your .ahx files will work fine.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

zemos

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »

The version they sent me was 3.228.   The only problem I still have is that even though I have a repeater, the CM15A doesn't seem to receive the signals from various controllers throughout the house.  I will try attaching the coat hanger wire to the antenae as was suggested (I hope that wasn't a joke or I will feel like a dummy).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 07:10:03 AM »

The antenna modification only improves RF signals. Like from remotes and motion sensors. It will make a difference with motion sensors and remotes. There where a few different antenna modifications. The wire or piece of a coat hanger was one of them and it should improve RF reception. That one was one of the few that didn't require a change that voided the warranty.

It will do nothing for power line signals from other controllers like a Maxi-Controller, Mini-Controller etc.
If the CM15A is missing power line signals from other power line controllers. You have to find the noise makers and signal suckers in the home.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:47:33 AM by Brian H »

zemos

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »

Is anyone still having problems whereby the CM15A (running 3.228) stops working after a few days unless hard-wired to the computer?  I keep having to take out the batteries from the CM15A, etc. But this is a repetitive problem for me.

Thanks.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »

I'm still wondering why you disconnect the CM15A from the computer.   Unless the computer is a laptop that you take to work, it really does not need to be  disconnected.  AHP runs better when it can talk to the interface, plus, when you installed AHP,X10nets.exe was also installed. It allows AHP to show correct module status.  If you boot Windows and the CM15A isn't present, X10nets.exe installs itself and has nothing to send to AHP as there's no two-way communication. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

lwmillholland

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »

I am running Windows XP Pro and had the same problem, but in my case it would stop in less than an hour.  I found out that if I disconnected the USB cable and reconnected, it would start working again for a short time.  In the end the problem was solved by removing as many items running in background as possible and cleaning the windows register.  I hope that helps.

zemos

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

Replying to the question of why I disconnect the CM15A from the computer:  I need to plug the CM15A in a different location in the house (more central so it can pick up all the signals, otherwise, it doesn't get all the signals).  I suppose the more basic question is whether the CM15A is fragile or whether it is robust enough to maintain operation after being disconnected from the computer.

murphy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

When you disconnect the CM15A from power, you are creating a situation where the unit wants to connect to the computer to set it's time.  That process is going to run forever in the background until the time update happens. 

TheAlbumMan

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »

I'm still wondering why you disconnect the CM15A from the computer.   Unless the computer is a laptop that you take to work, it really does not need to be  disconnected.  AHP runs better when it can talk to the interface, plus, when you installed AHP,X10nets.exe was also installed. It allows AHP to show correct module status.  If you boot Windows and the CM15A isn't present, X10nets.exe installs itself and has nothing to send to AHP as there's no two-way communication. 
Awhile back, I had a problem with the X10nets service getting stopped. It seemed to happen after running Spybot (or some similar program). When AHP first opens, an error message will popup about it. This is probably not related to the posters problem but wanted to throw it out here anyway.  ;)

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 02:33:58 AM »

I, too, am having trouble with my CM15A.  I'm having to reset it every couple of days.  I'm running Win XP Pro SP3, the wonderful XTB-IIR, and AHP 3.228...shoot, I just realized I have 3.236 running. 

I had to do a computer rebuild recently and forgot to load 3.204 then upgrade to 3.228, using my 3.236 copy of AHP to reload.  I'll knock it out and put 3.228 on and then report back here.

This is same issues I'm having. Driving me nuts>

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 06:10:22 AM »

Jason B.
What version of AHP are you using?
3.318 is the last AHP revision released.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 08:13:23 AM »

I, too, am having trouble with my CM15A.  I'm having to reset it every couple of days. 

This is same issues I'm having. Driving me nuts>

Of course... as far as I know... there is only one working version of AHP available for any "new" setup.

Every time I've had a CM15A problem.... it was caused by my very own macros. I tend to construct never-ending loops within my macros.... that freeze-up the CM15A. Have you created or modified a macro lately?
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.