Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: CM15A stops working (repeatedly)  (Read 27173 times)

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: CM15A stops working (repeatedly)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »

Jason B.
What version of AHP are you using?
3.318 is the last AHP revision released.

Below is my full story:

I've had a cm15a for probably 7 years and use it with an Iphone app called x10 commander, by melloware. This lets you use an iphone to control your devices with the cm15a plugged into your computer.

This has worked out great for years, 7 years. Now, every few hours it stops working and commands don't work, unless I unplug the cm15a out of the outlet and wait a bit and try it again. When I do that, all the commands that I tried to use from the iphone will happen afterwards (like it stored the command I pressed on the iphone in memory somehow, which then makes a lot of stuff turn off and on later) It's gotten worse over time and didn't just instantly start doing this. But now I can only go 3-4 hours before it stops doing the commands. Ideas?

I was going to get a new cm15a but after reading a few posts, it seems that may not fix it.

All I need installed for this to work was the host app, x-10 commander, on the pc, and the x-10 commander app on the iphone, which works over 3g or wifi. In task manager the only things I see are: X10commander.exe and X10nets.exe

Any advice is welcome as this is driving me insane. THe app also have it's on log file, but it doesn't show any errors for this type of problem it seems.

Also, I don't use the active home software, I don't need it with this, but I think there are files installed in the background of course to make my setup work.

I recently installed this yesterday, but it didn't fix the issue. The below is from one of the authors of x10 commander that was trying to hekp me also. "Jackie install this http://melloware.biz/download/warez/ahsdk_install.exe

The above install, installs the latest Active HOME and DLL drivers.  You can 
see from the X10 Commander log you sent me here is the version of the 
DLL you are running right now.

12/15/2018 4:26:50 PM [ INFO]   INIT X10 COM Object found and being loaded
12/15/2018 4:26:50 PM [ INFO]   INIT X10 COM v313
12/15/2018 4:26:50 PM [ INFO]   INIT X10 DLL v3.0.0.313 "

I have also found if I unplug the cm15a for 10 sec (no batteries in it) then re-plug back in, then close you the x10 commander app and re-open it will work again, but maybe for only 1 hr, 5 hours, then it stops.....

Edit, some other things that we may not know about, not sure if I should try any of this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/lighting-primary-technology-plug-ins/lighting-primary-technology-discussion/x10-homeseer/99169-x10-cm15a-plugin-beta-releases?postcount=3

https://www.hcatech.com/download/V13/Doc/TechNote_CM15_10.pdf
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:22:03 PM by Jason B »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »

Well, here is my WAG. Do you have anything new using one of your USB ports. It is like your Windows USB device control is losing focus of the CM15A. You could check this by looking at the Windows Universal Serial Bus Controller when the CM15A is working and then again when it is not. You can get to the USBC by holding the Windows key and "X" then click Device Manager. 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Jason B

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »

Well, here is my WAG. Do you have anything new using one of your USB ports. It is like your Windows USB device control is losing focus of the CM15A. You could check this by looking at the Windows Universal Serial Bus Controller when the CM15A is working and then again when it is not. You can get to the USBC by holding the Windows key and "X" then click Device Manager.

Nothing is plugged into the usb on front of the computer except this. In the back, just mouse, keyboard and printer that have always been there.

I then found a brand new printer usb cable that takes the same end as the cm15a, and it worked for a while, then stopped again. I also unplugged and IR543 that wasn't in use. Same thing.

I did try the device manager to see the serial bug thing you mentioned, and sometimes it says "unrecognized"

Now, the last thing is, I have the cm15a plugged into a battery backup that goes to the pc without other things plugged into it of course. I did replace this battery backup like 6 months ago and this new one is a different brand. The ONLY thing I didn't try yet it plugging in the cm15a into a stand along outlet, but I don't have one close, that's why I have the battery backup, which everything is plugged into. Maybe I need an extension cord to bypass the cm15a from being plugged into the battery backup???

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »

I don't think you need to post this in 3 different topics.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2019, 06:05:38 AM »

I don't think you need to post this in 3 different topics.

Three different threads with basically the same information. Can be confusing and I thought frowned on.

Jason B

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2020, 04:13:03 AM »

Just wanted to update this and many don't ever update what their fix was. GOt a new cm15a off ebay and that fixed all my issues! Thank you all.

buelectrix

I can You a mini controller in the same receptacle but I can’t control anything from he Active home on the computer. Help

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2020, 07:08:56 AM »

I can You a mini controller in the same receptacle but I can’t control anything from he Active home on the computer. Help
what computer interface are you using? And is it physically  attached to the PC?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.