Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Has anyone been able to set up the internet viewing on a cell phone?  (Read 11496 times)

allisondastrup

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I've been trying to find a cell phone that I will be able to view the camera on. Does anyone have any answers. I can get to the gatex10 website, but it is black. I don't know how to download the activex to my phone. I have a Samsung Omnia

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Has anyone been able to set up the internet viewing on a cell phone?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »

I pretty sure my house can't be accessed with a phone application. Your best option might be to try emailing pictures to your phone.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:08:51 PM »

The win mobile cell phone browsers can't do active x, which is required by AHP Myhouse.  You would have to change your setup to go through a webcam type software that doesn't use active x.
  I use a DVR card for my cam's and it includes software that has a mobile version.  Using my PDA phone I can view my cam's.

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 02:43:11 PM »

I have the AT&T Fuze (win mobile 6.1) and use LogMeIn w/out a problem. I can see my whole desktop, which has a realtime DVR application running for 10+ cameras connected to a stand alone DVR 16-camera system. The only caveat is that AT&T, by default, requires that you use their proxy when using Internet Explorer. LogMeIn doesn't work when the proxy is on. Fortunately, the phone with an applet that allows you to remove the proxy and unable it again if needed.

If you end up getting this phone, make sure it comes with the latest firmware (released march '09). It's much faster and more reliable. If it doesn't come with the latest firmware, HTC makes it available to the public on their website.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »

Another option is to set AHP to take autostills at the lowest storeage interval instead of video when a cam is activated.
Then use X10dispatcher and MSN to view most resent cam pic and turn on/off devices
Of coarse this is if MSN will work on your phone! :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.