Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4 Cameras, same image on Vangard grid  (Read 23495 times)

deast

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
4 Cameras, same image on Vangard grid
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »

Got the basic system, 4-bw XCam2's, video receiver (VR36A) with VA12A video converter and Vanguard software. Setup was straight forward, but Vanguard is only showing one camera image in all four grid panels. For setup/testing purposes I have all cams in the same room to minimize distance/interference issues. Left all four cams on House "A", and switched the Unit values from 1-4. Added via Vanguard Options|Add, confirmed House/Unit settings matched. Rebooted/reloaded/unplugged/replugged... still same issue. Other posts like this I have read end with some form of **Magic** solution when it just starts working, not mine. 

raster69273

Re: 4 Cameras, same image on Vangard grid
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »

You need a transceiver module such as the TM751 if you do not already have one. Or better to get the PAT01 from X10PRO.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

Or, replace the TM751 with a RR501.  The 751 is not polite and will step on signals, the 501 is polite and waits until the line is clear to transmit. The X10 Pro PAT01 is the same unit, X10 Pro items are heavily tested,  straight X10 items are not tested.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

raster69273

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »

the RR501 is not available... the PAT01 is the equivalent from X10 PRO

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »

It is available, but not as a standalone item on the X10 site, but Automatic Outlet http://www.automatedoutlet.com/home.php will sell it alone.

X10 bundles it with an RT 504 as the Wireless Remote Control System (RC5000) which is $39.95 plus shipping.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tonycompu

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »

Please help, I have the same problem.

3 Cameras, same image on Vangard grid

Got the basic system, 4-bw XCam2's, video receiver (VR36A) with VA12A video converter and Vanguard software.

Left all three cams on House "A", and switched the Unit values from 1-3

I got transceiver module TM751 and USB Wireless transceiver CM19A

pipe

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »

I'm having the same problem as "deast", and am wondering what the transciever actually does.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »

I'm having the same problem as "deast", and am wondering what the transciever actually does.
It receives X10 signals from remotes like Camera control. Palm Pad, etc and puts the signal on the homes powerline. To contorl X10 modules (including the addressable power supplies for the cameras).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »

nobody mentioned line noise yet as possibility...

Im trying to recall but think vangaurd sends house code out via the cm15 unit directlly onto the power line from the computer running the vangaurd software.  likewise, someone can check me, but it should send OFF command to the one on first.  only reason you would need the 751 remote rcvr is if you want to change via a remote unit rather than thru the vanguard itself.

so u mite try plugging all 3 cameras into same outlet as your vanguard computer and see if you get thejm to change as a first starting point?   course that computer probably is generating a ton of interfering noise and needs a small x10 noise filter too. 

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »

As far as the PAT01, that is the transceiver I bought in the 1980's!  The only difference I see is the switch which allows it to be module 1 or module 9... I've even seen the TM751 described as "long range"   ???

Mike - Vanguard will use the CM19A and the TM751 if you don't have the CM15A.  They often sell it as a package without the CM15A.

The reason all the pictures are the same is that the cameras are not switching.
Make sure the TM751 is plugged in and on the same house code as the cameras.  Make sure the Vanguard software settings are correct.  You can't use a surge supressor strip on the TM751 or cameras.  There may be line noise interfering with the signal going from the TM751 to the cameras.  That's always a possibility.  They could be on opposite phases of the electrical system.
Try to eliminate the variables.  As Mike suggested, get them working close together (even the same outlet) first, then set them up where they will be.  You can try switching them with a palmpad remote as an intermediate step as well.

Admittedly, I haven't used Vanguard software, but, if set correctly, it will work.

Good Luck!   ;D

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:11:05 PM by nybuck »
>!

lhntx

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »

I have all of these same issues, too, and more.  I got the basic 4 wireless cams with motion sensors, USB video convert, remote control pad (don't need or use), video signal receiver, and the signal sender (USB unit with thin flexible antennea on the top), transceiver, and the vanguard software. I live in a small 1500 sq ft stucco home(stucco has been suggested as the problem since it has metal mesh in it) and wanted cams at basically each corner.  I can NEVER get all 4 cams to be received at the same time. I't nearly impossible to bounce signals from four different corners at a single flat one sided object and there is no way to avoid appliances and mirrors and tiled walls (metal mesh supports) and a/c ducts (metal) and the like as has been suggested.  I've moved my dedicated laptop do different places and plugs in the home to try and fix. I've tried switching from A to B circuit.  I bought another transceiver as suggest by tech support. I tried 2 cams on A and 2 on B.  Nothing changed.  I now have an issue where one camera wants to overide all 3 others on the vanguard display. If I unplug it 2 of the others display correctly. The third is only static.  If I plug the overiding cam back in it overrides all 4 windows again.  In all of the different configurations that I've tried I've NEVER been able to get a motion detector to switch the camera on.  I bought the system to automatically notify my of potential burglars - but I've also NEVER been able to get the system to email except one time when I got an email that there was a camera problem of some sort (the email made no sense at all).  Each time I call tech support I get someone different and sometimes they are great and knowledeable and sometimes useless. I'm about ready to throw in the bag and ask for my money back.  It's now been 3 months of trying to get this system to work as advertised.   B:(

SHP

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »

I've been asked to help install a four-camera system.

The same symptoms are apparent in this installation...   2 B&W cameras + 2 Color cameras (all XCAM2) on house code D.  So is the TM751.

The CM19A is flashing when I select different cameras.

The cameras are set up D1-D4.

I've tried various sequences of adding the cameras to the Vanguard software.   At the moment I have D1 and D2 configured into Vanguard.  I was seeing D1 on both cameras, so I pulled the plug for D1 from the wall.

Vanguard now shows Camera D4 in D1's position.  D4 is still powered up but isn't configured in Vanguard.

If I unpower D2 and move it to a bright image location and plug it in, D2 now shows exclusively on Vanguard.  (D4 is gone).

I don't even know where to start debugging this install.

-------------------
From what time I've spent on this, I understand the Vanguard software is sending an RF signal via the CM19A to the TM751 to tell a specific camera (D1-D4) to transmit to the VR39A plugged into the VA12A giving the video feed over USB back to the Vanguard software.   Is that a fair summary?  (And I've not even thrown the motion sensors into the mix).

If so, how's the 4-up simultaneous video feed ever supposed to display on the Vanguard software?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »

If so, how's the 4-up simultaneous video feed ever supposed to display on the Vanguard software?
It doesn't. Only one wireless camera can transmit at a time. The other three are automatically turned OFF by the software or the "Scan Pad". It sounds like the camera power supply addresses are set correctly (sequentially in groups of four. Like you have done with cameras set for 1,, 2, 3, and 4 on the "wall wart" supplies). The power line signals may not be getting to the camera supplies. Electrical noise and/or phase coupling are the most likely culprets.

Search the forum, or the X10 Wiki, for those terms, or go here:
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

You need to be sure you can turn one camera ON at a time and see the image on screen then turn it OFF and go to next camera.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:10:36 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

survey_sez

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 08:07:11 PM »

i have the same problem - i think my situation is because either vanguard doesn't like windows 7 or doesn't like the cm15a. are any of you having problems using windows 7?if you are,  try using ahp and i'll bet everthing works fine...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.