Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Software

Information
- 0 (0%)
Software
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Powerlinc Controller Smarthome Manager Plus  (Read 15162 times)

WhipCity

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Powerlinc Controller Smarthome Manager Plus
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »

Information needed, been working with Smarthome Manager Plus for year, they don't upgrade this program, is there a better software made with upgrades? Working with x10, Powerlinc controller, USB. Thanks for the information in advance-Don

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Powerlinc Controller Smarthome Manager Plus
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:13:58 PM »

So what you are trying to find is a program for the 1132CU.
I have only used their software with mine. There are others if memory serves me, but off the top of my head I don't remember what they where.
Have you looked at any other controllers like the X10 CM15A?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Powerlinc Controller Smarthome Manager Plus
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »

Information needed, been working with Smarthome Manager Plus for year, they don't upgrade this program, is there a better software made with upgrades? Working with x10, Powerlinc controller, USB. Thanks for the information in advance-Don

I used SMP for about a year and liked the software but it is fairly limited in power.

Although more expensive "Homeseer" automation software will use the 1132CU, or CM15A, or CM11A, or ACT 110, etc as a powerline interface. Homeseer has "plug-ins" which will add features or allow Homeseer to interface with thermostats, security systems, sprinkler systems, etc.

Although it does less, the X10 CM15A with software is about $150 less than Homeseer. It is really good bang for buck.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.