Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't record more than one video or it crashes  (Read 8717 times)

captainjerky

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't record more than one video or it crashes
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »

Hey folks-

Ok, after a very frustrating two weeks, I have cameras and macros that work enough of the time that I'll call that phase complete. ( I still don't consider any of the X10 software to be ready for 'prime time', but that's another forum topic)  I have two Nightwatch cameras with Eagle Eye motion sensors. 
I have macros to start the associated camera recording video when the detector activates, then run for one minute and stop recording the feed.  They run fine if triggered by the sensor or manually. 
The problem is with the coding of the video.  As others have mentioned, it takes anywhere form 30 to 60 seconds from the end of recording to have the video show up as an actual file on my computer.  I've tried all the codecs, even adding a Divx codec and trying that (which is the best one I've used, incidentally).
Anyway, no matter what I do, it will record one video fine.  But, no matter how long I let the thing sit, if it tries to record another video, when it's done recording and tries to compile it, Activehome crashes and the just-recorded video disappears with it.
I am running Win XP, the CPU is not pegged, latest Activehome Pro software version, and all drivers (for VA-12, etc) downloaded from Activehome's support page.
Just to let you know, I have done a workaround for now.  When the macro is activated, I have the camera take a burst of 5 pictures, each separated by a 1 second delay, and that works every time.  So, this has to be a video/coding issue. 
Any help appreciated...

Ryan

SimonG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Can't record more than one video or it crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »

Hi all, I'm having the same problem with AHP.   B:(  Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:13 PM »

there is no solution for the video crashing if u try to record before the last is totaly done.  Ive learned this on xp, win7 32b, wiun7 64b, high power machines.  It is bad video codex coding and software.  period.

As last writer, the 'fix' is to give up on video and go back to multiple snapshots - they work.  there are even blocks in ahp to start auto snapshots every x sec for y sec duration.  these have replaced all my video tries.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »

Hi all, I'm having the same problem with AHP.   B:(  Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Did anybody ever help you?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.