Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dusk / Dawn macros not working properly.  (Read 5738 times)

BWS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dusk / Dawn macros not working properly.
« on: June 20, 2009, 04:02:26 PM »

I have read numerous posts about troubles getting the dusk/dawn sensors to work properly.
Some people use a timer but that continues to need updating as daytime is longer in summer than in winter.
Some people modify the Hawkeye sensor, but still have problems.
I want a true dusk/dawn sensor that will react during unscheduled times of the day when dark rain clouds come over and turn daylight into night.
Has anybody tried using a 110V dusk dawn sensor, and connecting the relay contacts to a Powerflash module?
Have I missed something?  Is there something I am not taking into account?
I have not purchased the software yet, but I will shortly.
Is there one software that is better than the rest?

Thank you in advance.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Dusk / Dawn macros not working properly.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 05:26:17 PM »

I have read numerous posts ........
I want a true dusk/dawn sensor that will react during unscheduled times of the day when dark rain clouds come over and turn daylight into night.

....... Have I missed something?  Is there something I am not taking into account? I have not purchased the software yet, but I will shortly. Is there one software that is better than the rest?

I use the X10 FloodLight (PR511) to set a dusk dawn macro... and yes it reacts properly to light levels.

However... the security timer that calculates sunrise and sunset does that well... and doesn't require readjusting.

It sounds like your doing a lot of research here before making your X10 purchases... good for you. I'd read one of your other posts about your concern about the "software". I wouldn't be too concerned. Many people buy X10 products to fill a need. Often a need for security.. sometimes for automation.

Not everyone that buys X10 knows much about computers or software... or are willing to learn. Some new X10 users... have apparently only had passive experience with electrical systems (they once saw a light bulb changed). However I have yet to see anyone come to the forum with problems that couldn't be resolved.

Very few of us here ever saw X10 in action... before we bought our own. Most of us... has never seen X10 in use anywhere but our own homes (or the friends and family's homes.. where we have installed it). Your going to have a great time with X10!!! But, be warned... this stuff is addictive.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 05:29:47 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: Dusk / Dawn macros not working properly.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 11:37:41 PM »

Some new X10 users... have apparently only had passive experience with electrical systems (they once saw a light bulb changed). However I have yet to see anyone come to the forum with problems that couldn't be resolved.

This is SO true! When I first came across X10 and purchased my first few things I was  :' totally lost....  B:( and ready to box it all up and send it back! Then I found the forum and after LOTS of help  >! from all the users on here I was able to get a grasp on X10 and how it works. Now my system has grown by leaps and bounds. And still continuing to learn more everyday.....

But, be warned... this stuff is addictive

:' You've been warned !!!!!!!   :' rofl
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.