Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: interrupting a macro sequence?  (Read 4831 times)

summeratlast

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
interrupting a macro sequence?
« on: July 18, 2009, 01:02:12 AM »

Hi all,

Last year I wrote a AHP lawn watering program for watering my home lawn every second day of the calendar year (between the months of May and September). The municipality where I live allows watering the lawn on an even day if your address is an even number and on an odd day if your address is an odd number. So I am very thankfull to all who generously donated their time answering my questions because this project has been a success. Now this year the place where I live has received a lot of rain on most of the days since the month of May and I would like to find a way to cancel the watering sequence (on an even day) if it has been pouring rain during the day. I thought that a simple way of doing this would be to use a key on the remote control HR12A. In fact this works fine if I hit that key before the macro sequence starts. But how can I exit that watering sequence if I forgot to cancel it with this key before it started? It seems to me that the key that I hit on the remote should send some kind of interrupt  that would first turn OFF whatever modules are ON and then abort the rest of the watering sequence. My question is this : can a macro sequence be interrupted as I described or must it run through the last command without any means of putting en end to it.

Thanks again!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: interrupting a macro sequence?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 09:54:54 AM »

• I would like to find a way to cancel the watering sequence (on an even day) if it has been pouring rain during the day.
  • I thought that a simple way of doing this would be to use a key on the remote control HR12A.
  • can a macro sequence be interrupted as I described or must it run through the last command without any means of putting en end to it.

I had a macro (a barking dog sound) warning that I made a "conditional macro" to cancel the macro. Using a remote... I would turn on a ghost/fake module. The condition (monitored module OFF) would no longer be met and the (motion sensor, barking dog sound) warning would no-longer sound. I added an additional macro that turned the module off everynight at dusk, in case I forgot to re-set the macro.

Once a (sequence) macro has started it will run through to the end. I would guess... you could (using a stop macro) turn off the water that flows through the values that open and close... or turn off the low-voltage power that opens and closes the values. But the sequence will finish.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.