Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Please help me... Cant get camara signals to show on pc  (Read 7911 times)

end80

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Please help me... Cant get camara signals to show on pc
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:32:37 AM »

I can not see any cameras on my pc that the system is set up on. But can view it on the tv with no problems..

Received 4 camera setup (http://www.x10.com/products/xx16a_ed_cam_41806_promo_1019.html), Installed camera hardware and successfully viewed all four individual cameras signals on tv, and could properly switch views from all 4 cameras .. But I can not get anything but test screens or static on the pc... I have no interested in connecting this system to a tv or vcr, I only want the system on the computer.

I installed all drivers and software (that x10 emailed to me), I have Windows XP, I followed all instructions, received no errors, nor do I see any problems in the device manager -- but I still cant get any images or video.
I struggled with it for hours.. uninstalled.. reinstalled.. rechecked instructions and connections.. even went so far as doing a system restore and starting from scratch, but still get no images on the computer

I received the CM19A (http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/CM19A) instead of the "wireless pc Transeiver" which they informed me was an upgrade. Running Windows XP service pack 2 .. (it might be service pack 3, I'm not at that computer right now).

I just cant understand what the problem might be.. I feel it must be something simple, but I dont know what.
It's making me feel stupid - aaarrrg... Please advise!

By the way, About 5 to 7 years ago I set up an X10 with 3 camera system on an older computer with Windows 95 and had no problems or frustrations and was able to view on the internet using a measly 56k connections on both the server machine and remote locations -- Installation was simple and cut and dry back then, but today I spent about 8 hours with this new package deal and have had no success and I'm about ready to pull my hair out!!

wanttouseit

Re: did you use scan to get the images?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »

Hi, I got a same stuff and have many problem with XP so far.

But I had an image from the bigining.

Set up the Vanguard softwear.

set up the camera with house code and unit code.

I tried code A or B it does not matter.

In vanguard softwear, go option and camera, set up the camera house code and unite code.

I guess you did it all.

I got an image but one camera ( I dont two cameras) is white and black image, it is not clear and

it does not show anything at night.

wiki suggests get an illumination to record images.

I can not use video featuer in the vanguard history section, it makes the softwear crush.

Many XP user wrote same problem here but I dont see the solution yet.

And waiting answer from tech support now.

I got an image, however I lost image when I tried to use second remote control of ninja.

I am not clearly understanding how it turns off with ninja remote controle too.

Anyway, without motion sensor, the image of camera supposes to show up in the vanguard view.

My vanguard softwear does not control the camera rotation often.

I have to go out side and control camera with remote control.

wanttouseit

Re: Try this
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Picture_Quality_on_PC

I got a new image with house code C now.

I lost images with house code A while using ninja remote control.

I tried D first, it does not work.

When I changed to C the first camera house code C and unti code 1 and I unplugged and
  plugged the VA11( VA12) again, it showed me an image.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Try this
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

.... I unplugged and plugged the VA11( VA12) again, it showed me an image.

That is likely what resolved the problem. If your using the VA12A with XP as your OS... you may need to unplug and plug-in the unit every time you reboot.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.