Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Overly frustrated.. cant access cameras on the web  (Read 25914 times)

end80

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Overly frustrated.. cant access cameras on the web
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

i previously posted in this forum, thanks for your replies, but i still have a problem with using vanguard.
I have strong internet connections on both server and remote PC's.. I've tried disabling firewalls, and decreasing image qualities to minimum. I've unistalled and reinstalled. Running WINDOWS XP SP2, Have ample processors and memory. I'm generally quit efficient at figuring things out, but... damn.

The server will not connect for longer then 16 seconds
The vanguard on the server machine is showing all 4 cameras, and i'm able to use the tilt and scan features on the server pc, but having difficulties with the connect. it contects for 10 to 16 seconds then disconnects, then after about a minute it reconnects for 10 seconds or so then disconnects... and it keeps doing that.

The remote web view shows only test pattern and indicates only 1 camera style which I do not have
As for remote web view from another pc , I have had no success at all. all that is shown is the test pattern.
in the remote view settings it shows no image, and only one camera - a  'Pro PTZ Camera' which  i do not have, and i have found no way to change it to corespond with the 4 cameras that i do have

Support sucks
I could ramble on about this, have experienced at a outrages interaction with tech support, I would go into details, but it's pointless.
I actually recommended x10 to a friend and said I could have it up and running in a few hours, because years back I set up a 3 cam x10 and it was so easy... now it's been three days with no success, and I end up looking like an ass, cause i cant make this thing work...

Any suggestions on what to try would be great.. I'm beginning to doubt that tech support operators know their product.

end80

Re: Overly frustrated.. cant access cameras on the web
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:54:06 PM »

by the way.. my server machine uses bellsouth high speed dsl - only one machine via a westell modem.

I've tried to connect remotely from several locations, some using comcast high speed, others using bellsouth dsl... no success

vinnyk

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »

I've had the same problems.
I'm about to send all the stuff back.
I can't even see more than one camera even tho I connect three.
I give up.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »

If the system works fine for you but for the web viewing??.......  or is it that the software wont run on your server from another pc?

For the web viewing problem have you looked into remote access software for your computer. X10 servers are known for problems. I use things like logmein.com. There is allot of others and many free.

Stuff like logmein lets you access your whole computer and not just the Cams.

People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

wanttouseit

Re: 11VA or 12 VA unplug and plug it again, it sometimes works.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 02:08:49 PM »

I had a two cameras and I could have both camera views, sometimes it shows one to two views, but it could have either one if I connect the cameras.

I unplugged the UBS device, 11VA or 12 VA from not PC but from wall.

Then I could have a view.

But it means while recording process, if it becomes black or blue image, it is NO help to record.

I got RAM and on the process to ship back.

I keep motion sensors and rocket sockets for drive way lighting while night.

it works well.

I usually read review before I buy stuff, and I made a mistake in this time,

some people complain about and no solution in the forum about softwear problem,

I did not think it could be my problem.

My PC is XP and home pack2, it shows different from windows 98, but 98 does not have UBS port.

Any way, I don't like to connect internet all days.

I go to lynksys 's camera, it is not for out side but it may be work well for my XP.

Good Luck,

farmboy_46

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »

looking foward to the last page, where you was able to figure this thing out.
I still haven't figure out how to set up the cam to the web page... >!

jkmcc

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »

After getting frustrated, I was able to figure this out and i have no problems viewing via the web.

I was told that they had some issues with x10 internal registration system, but it appears its all fixed.

Since this PC that I have the cameras on is not going to be used for anything else, i have removed and/or disabled:

- Windows Firewall
 - Anti-virus software
 - Spyware software

Here are the steps i took to get this working:

1.  Get the IP Address of the machine you have the cameras hooked up to.

2.  Log into your router, and forward the ports 80 and 8888 to that IP address.  DO NOT Forward port 8080.

3.  Now goto your vanguard software and click on connect.

4.  Goto your web browser and log in.

5.  It should work

Outlander

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »

Well first off hello folks, Not sure if anyone has explained it but herewe go:
1. on the man Vanguard screen (your pc), click optons, then remote user. There is a access ID number, write it down. then you have to crate a password. now click on the connect button. it should display (online)
2. now open your browser to (http://gate.x10.com/).
3. put your mouse curser on the little vanguard window and right click on it to make it 100%. You sould be looking at the remote vanguad sceen.
4.on the remote vanguard screen click on the connect button. a pop up window will display asking for a user name, password and access id. create a name put your password in and put the access id you wrote down, then hit connect.
5. the screen should say accessing image. wait a few seconds and it should come up. But if you have low bandwidth it might not come up to fast.

it took me a while to get it up and going. Hope this helps.

daniels012

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »

Mine will not work. B:(
I cannot...
You sould be looking at the remote vanguard sceen.
I get a little red x in the corner.  Only on my Vista machines does it not work.
I can get it to show remotely on my XP machine from home???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 05:22:49 PM »

test it first with something proven to work like webcamXP or something...try to stream your webcam to the web.

http://www.webcamxp.com/download.aspx

make sure you do port forwarding on your router.

here is a good assistance site:

http://portforward.com/

diesel

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »

Excellent directions!!! :)%

The X10 instructions aren't the best, but I followed the information above and everything works fine!

#:) :)+

Blindman

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »

I never did get the internet software to work.... but I use software called "TeamViewer"  free to Non_Commerical folks...Works VERY well... >!>!Extremly easy to install...

reyesjc743

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:13:01 PM by reyesjc743 »

Freeze

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »

I too am having issues with setting up remote viewing. I've followed the supplied instructions and have contacted tech support. I too wonder if tech support is familiar with the products. I have all the software installed on my host (home) computer. I was told by tech support to not uae the vangaurd browser. She told me to use the other one. WHAT OTHER one? Any way I open the browser, hit connect (already set up remote user), the far left progression bar does not move at all. Hence, when I connect via internet on the remote pc I see nothing. I am just asking how do I set this up? Using windows Vista, clean version. It would be nice if I could find simple steps from beginning to end on getting this to work. Also I have been hearing about ports 80 and 8080, could someone please explain on how to open these ports up in my router. Don't want much, just plain simple to understand steps on resolving my remote viewing issue. If I left anything out of this post, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

jeffdharlan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • My home doesn't take sick days
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »

They might be talking about iWitness for Active Home Pro.  Do you have AHP and the CM15A?

What is your router make and model?  I can dig up the instructions for port forwarding for you....

I see a lot of people on here steering users away from iWitness and using remote login apps from other companies.  I want to allow a small group of people, about 4-5 parents log in and view their child at our home daycare.  If iWitness doesn't work, what will for multiple concurrent logins?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:13:19 PM by jeffdharlan »
What has your home done for you today?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.