Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Overly frustrated.. cant access cameras on the web  (Read 25932 times)

cond1952

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Overly frustrated.. cant access cameras on the web
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:28 PM »

Reply for "Freeze"

I had the same problem.  The other browser is:  http://sentinel.x10.com/  You can try that, but don't hold your breath, because that wouldn't work for me either.  There have been problems using Vista and I think somewhere in this forum you can find info on that.  I worked with Eric (allegedly the best Tier 2 tech person) for over a week and spent days working on the port forwarding thing, which he insisted was creating the problem.  I proved him wrong.  I also went through every other suggestion he had and I still can't access the video online.  I continue to believe that the problem is at their end and their system is not accepting my video upload. 

If you want to learn about ports, go to port forward.com and be prepared to spend some time reading if you are not a computer geek.  I finally gave up and quit wasting my time with x10 tech support and downloaded TeamViewer, free for non-commercial use and easy to use.  Try that is my suggestion.   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:19:30 PM by cond1952 »

cond1952

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Overly frustrated.. cant access cameras on the web
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »

I too am having issues with setting up remote viewing. I've followed the supplied instructions and have contacted tech support. I too wonder if tech support is familiar with the products. I have all the software installed on my host (home) computer. I was told by tech support to not uae the vangaurd browser. She told me to use the other one. WHAT OTHER one? Any way I open the browser, hit connect (already set up remote user), the far left progression bar does not move at all. Hence, when I connect via internet on the remote pc I see nothing. I am just asking how do I set this up? Using windows Vista, clean version. It would be nice if I could find simple steps from beginning to end on getting this to work. Also I have been hearing about ports 80 and 8080, could someone please explain on how to open these ports up in my router. Don't want much, just plain simple to understand steps on resolving my remote viewing issue. If I left anything out of this post, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem.  The other browser is:  http://sentinel.x10.com/  You can try that, but don't hold your breath, because that wouldn't work for me either.  There have been problems using Vista and I think somewhere in this forum you can find info on that.  I worked with Eric (allegedly the best Tier 2 tech person) for over a week and spent days working on the port forwarding thing, which he insisted was creating the problem.  I proved him wrong.  I also went through every other suggestion he had and I still can't access the video online.  I continue to believe that the problem is at their end and their system is not accepting my video upload. 

If you want to learn about ports, go to port forward.com and be prepared to spend some time reading if you are not a computer geek.  I finally gave up and quit wasting my time with x10 tech support and downloaded TeamViewer, free for non-commercial use and easy to use.  Try that is my suggestion.   
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.