Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: iWatchout says it is recording video, but it really isn't  (Read 14984 times)

Tracy_X10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
iWatchout says it is recording video, but it really isn't
« on: July 27, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »

Ok, I've read about a similar situation in these forums, but I've yet to find a fix for this.  If I bring up a camera in AHP and click on record video, everything works fine, the file is recorded and saved to the hard drive location I've specified in the preferences.  Now, when I create a macro which does the same thing, AHP says it is recording, but when it's done, there's no file (anywhere).  I've tried multiple configurations, and it does it even if it's a simple one step macro (i.e. Start Recording / Stop Recording).  I've uninstalled and reinstalled AHP/Smart Macros, but no change.  I've changed the location for it to save the files to, but no change.  This seems like a basic function within AHP, so there's got to be a fix somewhere.  I don't want to use another recording source, since this method should work as advertised.  It works fine if I choose the auto-still option instead of video, so my logic in the macros is correct.  Just no video.

Any ideas are appreciated. 

Thanks!   B:(

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Re: iWatchout says it is recording video, but it really isn't
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »

Hi Tracy,

I'm betting you're using AHP 3.236, because I've just gone through exactly what you're experiencing.  This appears to be yet another bug in 3.236!  I've given up on using the video functions in AHP and have been experimenting with Blue Iris and BIRC (Blue Iris Remote Command) for the last few days.  To get things working as they should, I reinstalled AHP, leaving out all the plugins except Smart Macros.  It appears that the AHP video functions really "bog down" the system, even when they're not being used.

This setup works much better than anything I've been able to achieve with just AHP.   My AHP macro handles the turning on of cameras, etc. and executes BICOMMAND.EXE to tell Blue Iris to start recording and stop recording.

If you want more details, let me know.  Or do a forum search for Blue Iris.  I don't want to bore everyone with a drawn-out explanation if they don't need it!   

ITguy

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:36:14 AM »

I love Blue Iris!  I too had problems with video until I switched to Blue Iris.  Much better video recording program and can use any kind of cameras.  ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Tracy_X10

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »

Yep, you tagged it.  I'm running 3.236 with all of the Plug-Ins installed.  I tried just AHP and Smart Macros, but still no joy.  I've got a PVR card in the PC which I've thought of using with the VCR commander option, but man it'd be nice if X10 could actually make it work since it's a core function of the iWatchout application.  I like the command line ability with Blue Iris.  I wonder if I can do that with WinTV? 

Is there a way to open a case with X10 to fix the issue, or log it as a bug?  Does X10 monitor these forums for problems like these? 

On another note, does anyone know if you can drop the auto-still record function to less than 1 every 5 seconds?  If I could do every 2 seconds, I wouldn't really need the video option as much.

TIA

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »

The easiest way to correct the problem is to go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and get AHP version 3.204 (the filename is ahp_updt_204.exe) save it and apply it over what you have now.  It will not affect  iWatchout or any other plug-in). Once it is installed, open AHP and use the update link to update AHP to 3.228 (which is NOT on The X10 Software Repository).
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tracy_X10

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »

Thanks for the idea Dan, but I tried that already.  Unfortunately, I have a VA12 video adapter, and .228 only supports a VA11   B:(.  When I roll back, it won't see the VA, so I get no picture at all.  I did figure out how to drop the still-capture down to every 2 seconds, so that's almost as good as video, but it sure would be nice to have video as an option.  Especially at night when resolution is low.  At least with video, you can pick out movement and piece together what's going on.  I guess that's what I get for buying the latest/greatest version.  It comes complete with bugs, or 'features' as I like to call them.  I've sent X10 Tech Support an email, so maybe they will be able to help.

jeffdharlan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • My home doesn't take sick days
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »

Did x10 contact you back with any resolution to this?
What has your home done for you today?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.