Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flashing Picture on AHP/Vanguard (computer)  (Read 11100 times)

larman17

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Flashing Picture on AHP/Vanguard (computer)
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »

I started with one Ninja viewing it with vanguard, it worked fine a very good pic on computer and the tv. I added 2 black and white XC22A loaded the cameras(all 3) into AHC and the picture on both computer applications now is very poor and flashes on and off. The TV Pic is still great on all cameras. I have a VA12A and a VR36A on the computer. I want to set up to record but it will never happen until the pictures are stablized.

vantech

Re: Flashing Picture on AHP/Vanguard (computer)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »

I have the same problem, has anybody have an idea

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »

Search this forum. You'll likely find your answer. I'm betting that one, or more, cameras are still online and transmitting a signal. The cams have to be addressed in groups of four, e.g. B1, B2, B3, B4. If you have just one camera addressed, for example, to B5 while the others are 1 and 2, you will have more than one cam sending at a time. As indicated in many posts, camera and antenna placement are extermely important. Eliminating sources of radio (R.F.) interference is a must. Hope this helps. Search the forum; I'm sure your solution is here.
mike
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

vantech

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »

only have 2 cams, and they are normally hooked up to my q-see dvr system and they work fine(well ok for what they are, no comparison to my q-see cams)  that way. I decided to get the va12a just to try it out using one camera in  AHP and it doesn't  (gee am i surprised)

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:08:30 PM »

Larman17, my suggestion to you is to unplug all three cams. Set one addressable cam power supply to the desired house
code / unit code (B1). Remove all cams from Vanguard and restart the application. Plug camera 1 in to an outlet near
your PC where you know you'll have excellent signal strength. Activate that cam using Vanguard and review the image
from cam number 1. If it looks good, unplug cam #1 and it's power supply. Set cam 2's addr power supply to the same
HC/UC used for testing cam #1. Plug cam 2 in and view the image on Vanguard. If it looks good, repeat the same for cam3.
Now, with only one camera plugged in at a time, move it farther away from the PC and vr36a. Go back and check the
image. Repeat for cams 2 and 3 making sure to have only one cam plugged in a any one time. If you're getting good
video signals at the desired distance (make sure you're aligning the antenna paddles with that of the vr36a), you know
the cameras are good and the vr36a is as well. Now, take cam 2, change his HC/UC to the next number (B2), and move
it into it's final position. Go back to the PC and add that camera (B2) into Vanguard and hit it !. Check the image for
cam 2. You may have to click cam2, then cam1, then cam2 again to make certain both addressable power supplies
learn their respective place on the powerline. If you're able to switch back-n-forth between cam1 and cam2 and the
images are good, set cam3's addr power supply to B3, move him into final position, plug him in. Go back and add him
to Vanguard. Click cam1, check image. Click cam2, check image. Click cam3 check image. If you are NOT able to get
clear video while the three cams are plugged in, it is entirely possible that the X10 signals meant to turn on one camera
and turn off the others, are not making across the powerline reliably to each camera; hence leaving two or more
powered up simultaneously. And, of course, the vr36a cannot discriminate between two or more video signals coming in.
Only one camera can be powered up at any time. This leads to another point: The vr36a and the 3 cams all must be
set to the same frequency which is accomplished by the slide switch labeled A,B,C,D. This is not on the power supply
but the units themselves. The camera's freqency setting switch, is located beneath a little black rubber cap meant to
weatherproof and keep from accidental changes. I believe most X10 video devices come set to frequency A.
Boy, I've gone through the same pain you are feeling now. Heck, just the other day, I plugged in a new color cam and
forgot to set the frequency and got those blurry, raspy video images. It was then I remembered to set the freq.
I've gotta stop being to wordy. Sorry folks.
mike
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:42:51 PM by troll334 »
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.