Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveEye status...  (Read 10639 times)

BitsNBytes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveEye status...
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »

I have connected the ActiveEye sensors to our software using the CM15a drivers and the SDK. Since there is no way to query the AE I was hoping periodically they would send a "status" to the receiver. I don't see anyway to set this option - am i correct in that this "heartbeat" does not exist or is it filtered out by the CM15a? Would be nice if the ActiveEyes would periodically broadcast their status...

Also is there a way to set the time reported by the CM15a? it seems to report a bogus time (month/day are correct but time of day is wrong). 

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: ActiveEye status...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »

I have connected the ActiveEye sensors to our software using the CM15a drivers and the SDK. Since there is no way to query the AE I was hoping periodically they would send a "status" to the receiver. I don't see anyway to set this option - am i correct in that this "heartbeat" does not exist or is it filtered out by the CM15a?
xxxxEyes from X10 are sold as "motion sensors" for home automation, not security sensors. Hence they have no "regular" check-in/heartbeat features, as do the sensors for the X10 security system like the DS7000.

However the xxxxEyes do send a "light = ON,  dark=OFF" code on their next sequential Unit Code. This light/dark code was intended as a dawn/dusk indication, but could be used as a 12 hour check-in with AHP and CM15A.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

...... but could be used as a 12 hour check-in with AHP and CM15A.

Unless you live in the land of the Midnight Sun
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

BitsNBytes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:41 PM »

Will have to check into a DS7000...

I can sense power failure so only worried about device failure - so for now I guess a 12 hour window is a good as I can hope for...

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »

...... but could be used as a 12 hour check-in with AHP and CM15A.

Unless you live in the land of the Midnight Sun
ooops. I know you are kidding since that isn't a problem in the Midwest, but you are right. You know Knight, suddenly there is interest in battery status for xxxeyes. I think I am going to play with using a 555 timer to toggle the light sensor input and go for a resolution of less than 12 hours. Trouble is; as the granularity gets shorter, so does the battery life.  Also. I think 555s become unstable with very long RC constants, but I'm going to play with anyway...now if only I can find that 2 farad capacitor I used to have.  rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.