Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Floodcam motion sensor want record on PC with van guard software  (Read 9219 times)

winracer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

my Floodcam will not record video when the motion sensor activated using vangaurd software can someone help.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Floodcam motion sensor want record on PC with van guard software
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:14:43 PM »

my Floodcam will not record video when the motion sensor activated using vangaurd software can someone help.

Are you using the RF (only) CM19A interface with the Vanguard software?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

winracer

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:54:19 PM »

I have been on the phone with support 3 times and keep getting disconnected for some reason.  >*< I have the flood cam the software the Video Receiver w/AC Adapter VCR Commander
and sometype of remote control that came with a usb to box box with about 4" wire all is working but the motion sensor will not record video, I enable the motion in right hand bottom of screen. the pc is onlly about 40 to 50 feet from flood cam. before i got disconneted from support he said that the usb to box box with about 4" wire  is what pickup the motion sensor and could be to far away?

the remote is a Lola Wireless Music System that cam with usb to box box with about 4" wire
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:03:09 PM by winracer »

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »

....and sometype of remote control that came with a usb to box box with about 4" wire all is working but the motion sensor will not record video,

Maybe if you look at your invoce.... you can read what interface your using.

winracer

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »

will post it in a few hours

winracer

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »

yes I ordered the CM19A and was shipped the MK10A with a CM19A.

here is a list of the order

CM19A
IN48A
IN50A
MM022
MM023
MM024
MS14A
SC546A
SW26A
TM751
UX23A
VA11A
VR36A two of these one for PC and one for VCR/TV
VT38A

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 12:25:58 PM »

It appears that your using the RF (Radio Frequency) only CM19A [for control] which will control all the normal cameras by using the transceiver (TM751). The CM19A sends a RF signal... and the TM751 puts the signal on your powerline to turn the cameras on and off.

However... the floodcam turns itself on and off (with motion) and operates completely on the the PowerLine Commands (PLC). You should be able to turn the camera on and off using the CM19A and the TM751. If not... and the codes are set correctly (both the floodcam and TM751 on the same House/letter code) then it is likely a phase issue.

There is much posted here about phases. But in a nutshell... your home has two phases (two 120 powerlines that together give you the 240 line used for AC, stoves, clothes dryer... and so on). Your TM751 might be on one phase and the floodcam on the other. This is a common and (generally) easily corrected problem. However the floodcam will never be able to talk to the CM19A (or your Vanguard Software).

You could purchase a passive phase coupler (smarthome has them) that fits your electric dryer (if you have one). Or a cheap and easy solution can be to just add another TM751 to the other phase. This isn't the best solution if you plan on growing your setup be on cameras... but it should work.

I am sorry for the need and use of the product numbers. But there are so many devices... it's the only way I know to keep track of it all.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:29:41 PM by Dave_x10_L »

winracer

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »

I can power off the TM751 and the floodcam will go off. The floodcam works fine in the vanguard software. it is snaping photos every 10sec and i can hit record at the bottom of screen and it will record a video. I have checked all seetings. the only problem i am having is that when the motion sensor actavated  the vangaurd software will not record a video, so the software is not seeing the motion? what software works the CM19A? all are on the same House/letter code the floodcam is set to manul so that it will stay on all the time.

the vcr comander works fines. it will start recording when the floodcam sees motion. and it stops recording after about 5 to 10mins. not sure how to change it to stop in a lesser time.

thoughts?

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

... the only problem i am having is that when the motion sensor actavated  the vangaurd software will not record a video, so the software is not seeing the motion? what software works the CM19A?

I use the PR511's (the X10 floodlights) but not the floodcam. But as I understand it... the floodcam does not send RF X10 signals.... only 2.4GHz video signals. So its the CM19A.. that isn't talking well with you floodcam... not the software.

You could try mounting your EagleEye motion sensor (MS14A) near the floodcam... and setting the camera to always be on. The floodcams motion sensors should still operate the lights. And the EagleEye motion sensor (MS14A) should talk to your CM19A... which talks to your Vanguard software.

winracer

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 01:44:49 PM »

I use the PR511's (the X10 floodlights) but not the floodcam. But as I understand it... the floodcam does not send RF X10 signals.... only 2.4GHz video signals. So its the CM19A.. that isn't talking well with you floodcam... not the software.

so how would I fix this?

You could try mounting your EagleEye motion sensor (MS14A) near the floodcam... and setting the camera to always be on. The floodcams motion sensors should still operate the lights. And the EagleEye motion sensor (MS14A) should talk to your CM19A... which talks to your Vanguard software.

I tried this but the MS14a would cut the floodcam off
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:18:09 PM by Dave_x10_L »

HA Dave

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »

I tried this but the MS14a would cut the floodcam off

Try "fooling" the camera and software by using a different code. Since the camera is set to manual (and is always on) the MS14A will only be telling the software that the camera is on... not turning on (or off) the camera.

winracer

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »

I will try and let you know thanks are you saying to change the code in the software?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:57:30 PM by winracer »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.