Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: mini powerhorn mod  (Read 38077 times)

fegarex

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: mini powerhorn mod
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

Ok...
Close but no cigar!! Please understand I am in way over my head on this!! :)
The capacitor worked and I now can get continuity when triggered. I thought it should work but still doesn't.
In my simple terms it needs to close the contacts on a doorbell transformer which in turn triggers a 120v relay to the siren.
I take it the relay I have isn't big enough to do the job and I need another relay after the fact? If I just touch the wires of the doorbell transformer together I trigger the siren but the relay/PH mod doesn't seem to active it.
And one more stupid question for the day!! How long does the contacts stay closed or will the siren keep going until I disarm??
Thanks in advance!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »

When you trigger the Powerhorn. The relay contacts stay On as we hoped it would and not pulsing?
Usually the Powerhorn takes a few On off Cycles to the Light Code to trigger. Then sounds about 4-10 seconds after the cycles stop or after 4 minutes of sounding it the alarm is still sounding.

fegarex

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

What I did was connect a continuity meter to the leads. After 2 or 3 cycles the contacts close and stay that way for about 4-5 seconds.
I think THAT is all working correct but when the leads are attached to the alarm it doesn't trigger.
Also, I now assume that I will just have a 4-5 second blast of the siren if I can make it work then??
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:29:22 PM by fegarex »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 03:51:09 PM »

If the alarm was still sounding and the Security Lights where still flashing. The Powerhorn should have kept the internal relay closed.

Do you happen to remember. If the unmodified small Powerhorn sounded as long as the alarm was sounding? I ask this because the Large Powerhorn. Depending on date code did not act 100% correctly with a SC1200. One date code large Powerhorn actually sounded one time every time you armed it and the security light flashed indicating a arm was successful.

fegarex

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »

The unmodified power horn would sound as long as the alarm was sounding. It does not sound when arming. That's what I am trying to get away from.
So what do I need to trigger the door bell transformer? The UM506 would work but that had the issue with the arming sound.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.