Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 - Marmitek cm15pro - laggy  (Read 2422 times)

Demat

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 - Marmitek cm15pro - laggy
« on: August 06, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »

Hi all

I have a specific problem with my new CM15Pro. I'm using the ActiveHomePro Software provided to create macros to control just four devices. One of them is a lamp which I want to flash on and off roughly once every 1 or 2 seconds.

The lamp is on a marmitek dimmable lamp module but I'm using it to switch on and off only (because the software doesn't let you set the duration of the dimming, e.g: it takes an abritrary amount of time to dim from 0-100% - much too long for my needs).

My macro looks something like this:

-Lamp on 100%
-Lamp Off
-1 second delay
-Lamp on 100%
-Lamp Off
-1 second delay
etc..

I want the 1-second delay between flashes - that's ok, but here's my problem:

When I'm using the CM15pro via the computer interface the macro works perfectly - the lamp flashes on and off once a second; but as soon as I shut off the computer and rely on the cm15's internal memory the whole sequence is painfully slow - the light stays on for 3 seconds before turning off... The cm15 does carry out all the macro instructions, but at about half the speed.. There's no other x10 devices in my house, I'm not sending via RF, and they're all on the same circuit. Apart from the lamp, the devices are all plugged into standard marmitek x10 appliance modules.

It's frustrating to be able to get the effect I want when using the PC but not with the standalone cm15 - which is ridiculous considering the cm15's big boast is improved memory and performance over earlier models. Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks for any advice or help!  :D
Chris

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: x10 - Marmitek cm15pro - laggy
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »

........ a lamp which I want to flash on and off roughly once every 1 or 2 seconds. I want the 1-second delay between flashes

Chris

Replace the lamp module with an appliance module (that will do away with the ramping up or brightening and dimming of the lamp). If the CM15A is too slow for your use... replace it with a powerflash unit... you could trigger it with a universal module.

If the entire setup is a DIY alarm setup... just replace it with a DS7000 X10 security alarm.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.