Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to clear the CM15A command queue from code?  (Read 7110 times)

roschler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How to clear the CM15A command queue from code?
« on: December 20, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »

I'm working on a software program that moves an X10 Ninja turret.  I discovered that if I blast out a bunch of commands the CM15A appears to queue them up and the queue is quite large.  Is there a way to clear the queue?  Obviously if I'm not at home and I am running remotely, I can't unplug the CM15A and remove the batteries to clear the command queue.  I was hoping there was a command I could send the CM15A using the SendAction() command that would wipe any pending commands from the unit.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:08:25 PM by roschler »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: How to clear the CM15A command queue from code?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

I presume you are using Active Home Pro and the CM15A interface.  What else are you trying to do?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

roschler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »

Hello Dan,

I am not sure what you are asking.  I'm sending "sendrf" commands to the Ninja Camera turret using the SendAction() command and the command set "PanLeft/PanRight/PanUp/PanDown/CamCenter".  I'm doing it in a program driven manner.  Sometimes I'll send a series of these out to the turret but then decide to to completely cancel all current movement and any pending movements.  I can't right now because if I try to send a "CamCenter" the CM15A will play all the waiting camera movement commands in sequence first in sequential queue style.  I want to be able to clear all pending commands so I can quickly stop movement when I want to and possibly send new commands without waiting.  Instead I have to wait many seconds for the other commands to play out first.  That's why I'm looking for a way to tell the CM15A to "drop everything it's doing and what is pending".

Thanks,
Robert
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:01:12 PM by roschler »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:04:54 PM »

Hello Dan,

I am not sure what you are asking.  I'm sending "sendrf" commands to the Ninja Camera turret using the SendAction() command and the command set "PanLeft/PanRight/PanUp/PanDown/CamCenter".  I'm doing it in a program driven manner.  Sometimes I'll send a series of these out to the turret but then decide to to completely cancel all current movement and any pending movements.  I can't right now because if I try to send a "CamCenter" the CM15A will play all the waiting camera movement commands in sequence first in sequential queue style.  I want to be able to clear all pending commands so I can quickly stop movement when I want to and possibly send new commands without waiting.  Instead I have to wait many seconds for the other commands to play out first.  That's why I'm looking for a way to tell the CM15A to "drop everything it's doing and what is pending".

Thanks,
Robert

Unfortunately, my experience with the SDK is the same.  If there is a way to flush the command queue, I haven't found it yet either.   B:(

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

Will the purge macro command help. Maybe it will clear the Que also.
M M ElectricMan

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.