Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Cameras and house code settings  (Read 5347 times)

RobMcG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Cameras and house code settings
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »

I have 4 cameras. 2 blk and white two color, the transciever, video capture, etc.  These cameras are terrible and the software is worse.. I spent days getting it to work and finally only got all 4 to work when on different house codes.  I am still not sure if they record to the hard drive does anyone know how I can tell? and Does anyone know of any other software that works with this. I am running XP by the way. The tiny screen provided sucks and I don't feel I should dish out more money for software I should have gotten in the first place.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: X10 Cameras and house code settings
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »

........... I spent days getting it to work and finally only got all 4 to work when on different house codes. 

Different "House" codes.. or different "unit" codes? The only way to get them to work correctly is to use different "unit" codes... but on the same "house" code... and in a proper "group of four". All this is explained fully in the setup directions.

I am still not sure if they record to the hard drive does anyone know how I can tell?

Yes. You can look in the folder where the pictures and videos are stored. You didn't mention which software your using... and this was posted under Wireless Cameras.... which isn't any help.

Thousands (tens of thousands?) have purchased and are using X10 cameras and one of there several software products. A four camera setup isn't a simple project... but by reading and following the directions (for both the cameras and software) nearly anyone can accomplish the job.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: X10 Cameras and house code settings
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 06:12:01 AM »

There are some tutorials on the X10 Support Sites that may help you.

http://www.x10.com/support/support.htm

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Cameras

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.