Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro problem  (Read 13748 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Macro problem
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »

A macro I created will only work when I trigger it directly in AHP. It doesn't send the signal when triggered by the trigger, if that makes any sense.

B5 on is supposed to trigger the macro, which it does, but nothing happens. Yet when I go into AHP and point my mouse arrow on the macro itself,

and click it, it will work properly. How come?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Macro problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »

You will probably have to give us some more information.  What version on AhP? Can you show us the macro?  What is all the equipment used in the macro (motion sensors, remotes, modules)?  Your post is very vague.  We will be glad to help.  Just need a little more info.   ;D
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:34:59 AM »

You will probably have to give us some more information.  What version on AhP? Can you show us the macro?  What is all the equipment used in the macro (motion sensors, remotes, modules)?  Your post is very vague.  We will be glad to help.  Just need a little more info.   ;D

OK it's version 3.228.

The Macro is as follows:

B5 (wireless colour cam) ON Trigger
Conditions-Time b/w 8-8:30am, day is Wed or Friday

Turn ON E13 (3pin appliance module)

I might add that there's another macro for B5 which I've had for a long time, which is triggered by B5 and basically turns off a series of other cameras which are plugged into appliance modules, and also to turn on a vr36a receiver. It is as follows:

B5 on trigger
B10 (receiver) on
B4 (non x10 cam) off
B3 (non x10cam) off
B2  "        "          "
B1  "        "          "
B11 "        "          "

hawk1

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »

Whats triggering B5?  motion sensor or remote?  Do you have AHP to transcieve house code "B"?  And, did this macro ever work or never worked?

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »

Whats triggering B5?  motion sensor or remote?  Do you have AHP to transcieve house code "B"?  And, did this macro ever work or never worked?

B5 is triggered by timer in AHP to turn on at 8:20am.

The macro has never worked on its own, unless I manually trigger it directly myself in AHP, as I mentioned in my first post on this issue.

hawk1

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »

Have you tried inserting a small delay in between each command? Have you checked in the activity monitor to see exactly what is not firing?  Maybe someone here can chime in anytime.

birdzeye

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »

Have you tried inserting a small delay in between each command? Have you checked in the activity monitor to see exactly what is not firing?  Maybe someone here can chime in anytime.

I've tried putting a delay in, as you suggested, but it still only (with or without delay) if I manually hit the macro with my mouse pointer.

hawk1

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 10:16:43 AM »

One last thing from me that you can try.  Make sure you don't have any macros or modules in your AhP recycle bin.  If you do then delete them totally.  Then clear the cm15a and reload macros and timers.  If that doesn't work maybe someone else can jump in with something else you can try.  Sorry.   B:(

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »

Have you tried the Macro without the conditions?  Remove the conditions and see if the Macro will work without triggering it manually.  When you trigger the Macro manually, the conditions are not tested.  So I suspect your conditions may not be setup properly.

birdzeye

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »

Have you tried the Macro without the conditions?  Remove the conditions and see if the Macro will work without triggering it manually.  When you trigger the Macro manually, the conditions are not tested.  So I suspect your conditions may not be setup properly.

Yes I have tried the macro without the conditions and it still only works if I trigger it manually.

Tinman55

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »

One last thing from me that you can try.  Make sure you don't have any macros or modules in your AhP recycle bin.  If you do then delete them totally.  Then clear the cm15a and reload macros and timers.  If that doesn't work maybe someone else can jump in with something else you can try.  Sorry.   B:(

Thanks Hawk1 for the great tip.....I was goofing around with a 2 light dimming macro that was giving me fits....just about givin up when I found your post...works like a charm now.

hawk1

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:36 AM »

Your very welcome! Just glad you got it going.  I've ran into that problem a couple of time now.  Playing around testing macros then deleting them to the recycle  bin.  I don't why it causes a problem but it does.   :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.