Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing AHP, Smart Macros, MyHouse on a Second/Multiple Computer/PC  (Read 3353 times)

MikeB941

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hello - I have AHP working fine on my current laptop with the CM15a operating on its own unless I connect the laptop for programming.

I now want to start using the email macros in MyHome and from what I understand this will require a dedicated computer to always be on and connected via USB to the CM15a.

I purchased a second laptop for this purpose, but my question is, am I going to run into problems installing AHP, Smart Macros, MyHouse, etc. on this SECOND lap using the registration keys I currently have?

Many thanks!  Take Care... Mike.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Installing AHP, Smart Macros, MyHouse on a Second/Multiple Computer/PC
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

Hello - I have AHP working fine on my current laptop with the CM15a operating on its own unless I connect the laptop for programming.

I now want to start using the email macros in MyHome and from what I understand this will require a dedicated computer to always be on and connected via USB to the CM15a.

I purchased a second laptop for this purpose, but my question is, am I going to run into problems installing AHP, Smart Macros, MyHouse, etc. on this SECOND lap using the registration keys I currently have?

Many thanks!  Take Care... Mike.

Sorry, to install AHP, Smart Macros, MyHouse, etc. on the SECOND laptop, you will have to pay for the second copy and get it's own registration codes.   That's X10's RULES!!! 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:13:17 AM »

Mike, as long as you remove AHP from the first laptop and then download again to the new laptop and use the same codes as the first.  In other words you can only have one bought software on one pc at a time.  Just make sure to do a backup.  Then download to the new laptop and make sure it's up and running and remove from the first.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »

Say I'm installing a new hard drive so can I use my old links and registration codes? Thanks

Tom j.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »

The only way to really know is to try.  I've read somewhere on the forum that somebody had a problem trying old registration codes. But an email to x10 solved their problem.  I myself have reinstalled several times with no problem.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 10:24:29 PM »

Say I'm installing a new hard drive so can I use my old links and registration codes? Thanks

Tom j.

Hey Tom j.,

I to have rebuilt/upgraded my PC many times and just used the original links & registration codes to reinstall AHP. Don't forget to save a copy of you ".ahx" file.  ;)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 11:06:19 PM »

Don't forget to save a copy of your ".ahx" file.  ;)

'nuff said  B:(  B:(  B:(
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

Tom j.

Hey Tom j.,

I to have rebuilt/upgraded my PC many times and just used the original links & registration codes to reinstall AHP. Don't forget to save a copy of you ".ahx" file.  ;)

Hi!!! just found this link. Thanks going to do the installation this weekend.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.