Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sensor Sense - Are your sensors checking in?  (Read 6910 times)

Videonut

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sensor Sense - Are your sensors checking in?
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »

First I'd like to say that almost all the code for this project was found here and just manipulated to suit my needs. I can't remember exactly but for sure Tuiceman's and EL34's code were the building blocks I used. So thanks to them and everyone who helps around here.

The program monitors if my DS10A window/door sensors are checking in. Turns out 1 is kinda flakey, goes for hours before checking in.

As I understand it, when sensors check in they send "closed" if closed and "open" if open. My program only checks for the closed condition because it'd take 16 more phantom modules to cover the open condition. So if a sensor on a door or window is open it won't look like its checking in.

You need AHP and the onalert plugin and you have to do some work if you want to use it.

1. You need to create a phantom module for each DS10A. These must start at 1 and go up from there eg. P1,P2, etc. Name them accordingly. Also they must all be on the same house code. I used P.

2. You need a macro for each phantom module eg.
   Select Use Security, Give Macro a name, Pick Sensor, Pick Condition(Sensor Closed), Resides in(doesn't matter where).
   Then drag the corrisponding phantom module into the macro window and and make sure it's set to ON

3. Unzip the program somewhere on your harddrive.

4. goto that location and open the text file "sensors.txt"

5. The 1st item is the house code your phantom modules are on. I have it set to p, you set it to your phantom module HC. Be sure to use a lower case letter because when the sensor is triggered it sends the info to the activity monitor in lower case.

6. The next 16 items in the file are sensor names. You can leave these or name them according to which sensor they represent. You can delete the extra sensor names if you don't have 16 installed. NOTE, don't leave extra blank lines at the end of the file.

7. Save the file.

8. run the program SensorSense.exe

When a sensor is closed or when it "checks in" or every 5 minute the Sensor info will be updated. If a sensor name goes red, it's been over an hour since it checked in.

I will post the code if anyone wants it.

It's nothing fancy, but it does the job.

Take the .jpg of the filename. can't post zips

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.