Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nanny Cam 3 camera system with motion sensors  (Read 6244 times)

dnsickles

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nanny Cam 3 camera system with motion sensors
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »

Hello,

I just purchased a package nanny cam system with 3 Xcam2 wireless cameras, 1 eagle eye motion sensor, 1 wireless transceiver, 1 VCR commander, 1 video receiver, 1 CR12A camera remote controller, and 1 Xcam2 battery pack. 

I wanted to record 3 rooms in my house, but apparently I would need 3 motion sensors then?  Or if I only do 2 rooms, I could maybe default to one camera always on, and switch to the other one activated by the motion sensor? 

If I have 3 motion sensors, then I just leave the VCR on all day, no need for the VCR commander, which only seems necessary to save tape space if there is no movement, but there generally will be in one of the 3 rooms.

It seems that with the package, the free motion sensor and free VCR commander really entices you to buy others in order for it to work properly with 3 cameras.  The only other way to do it would be with software and a PC, if you have time to watch all day from work which we don't.         

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Nanny Cam 3 camera system with motion sensors
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »

Only one camera can be on at once. Two on will interfere with each other.
Also the cameras work in groups of four. Same House Code and Units 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. If you turn one on in the group the other three go off. So lets say Camera C1 turned on by motion. When the motion sensor sends a C1 on cameras C2 C3 and C4 go off all by themselves. After a no motion time a C1 Off is sent. No no cameras are on. I believe if the VCR Commander is on C1 it will then turn on the VCR connected to the cameras receiver with the On command and Off again.

Did you get a VCR Commander or the VCR Commander II that can do I believe four cameras. With a motion sensor for each camera and the VCR Commander II using each of then. That may work.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:19:18 PM by Brian H »

dnsickles

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »

Thanks Brian,

It is the VCR Commander 2, and I've just ordered more motion sensors, so in few days I should have it working with 3 cameras.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »

One more thing we may have to address. The Eagle Eye motion sensors have a dusk dawn feature. They send an on at dusk and off at dawn on the motion address plus one unit code. So if C1 is a camera motion sense address; C2 will be dusk dawn.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.