Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro runs, lights dont turn on...help?  (Read 9009 times)

philbailey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro runs, lights dont turn on...help?
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:20:42 PM »

I have an interesting problem.

I have a Macro that responds to A8 ON. The A8 ON is being sent from a third party alarm / motion sensor. I can see the trigger, A8 ON, in the AHP Activity Monitor when the motion sensor activates. So the alarm / motion sensor is working and sending the proper X10 signal.

What I want to do is only turn on outside lights (B3,B4,B5,B6) when the motion sensor is tripped and only at night. So I set up a timer to set a flag on at night and off during the day. I tried both dusk / dawn and on  / off at specific times for the timer. So the macro trigger is A8 ON and FLAG 15 set, then macro.

The problem is associated with the flag. When the flag is set and the macro runs, the lights dont turn on. I see the X10 lights commands, B4 ON, B5 ON etc in the activity monitor so the macro is running but no light ever illuminates. If I take the flag condition out of the macro, anytime the motion sensor is tripped the macro runs and the lights come on as they should.

My "workaround" at the moment is when the motion sensor is tripped turn the lights on, delay 15 minutes, and turn the lights off. Works, but the lights come on day or night.

Anyone have in insight to this behavior.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Macro runs, lights dont turn on...help?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:59:27 PM »

...........My "workaround" at the moment is when the motion sensor is tripped turn the lights on, delay 15 minutes, and turn the lights off. Works, but the lights come on day or night.

I'd try creating two macro's: One a timer macro that would turn on and off a fake/dummy monitored module.

Then I would the recreate the flag macro... and use the smart macro wizard to remake it into a conditional macro. The condition (of course) would be based on the status of the monitored module (from the other macro).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 08:10:31 AM »

You can also use the condition with else command to only run macro after a certian time and leave the flag out of it all together.  Some folks have probs with flags I have been reading.  Also some other monitor  code setting in configuration must be set to keep track of flags ect.  The controller can only keep track of flags from one house code.
M M ElectricMan

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:37:20 AM »

The problem is associated with the flag. When the flag is set and the macro runs, the lights dont turn on. I see the X10 lights commands, B4 ON, B5 ON etc in the activity monitor so the macro is running but no light ever illuminates. If I take the flag condition out of the macro, anytime the motion sensor is tripped the macro runs and the lights come on as they should.

Have you tried a different flag #? Depending on the version of AHP and /or the datecode of your CM15A, there have been some flags that don't work as one expects. If the problem exists on multiple flags, then you might want to do a complete hardware reset and try creating a new *.ahx file with just that macro/timer as a test.

What you are doing should be working. Some perfer to use the monitored house codes as conditions, so Dave's suggestion is a good alternative.

You can also use the condition with else command to only run macro after a certian time and leave the flag out of it all together.

This is another method to do the same thing. However, you wouldn't need an "else" in the macro for what you are doing, just the "time conditions".

Also some other monitor  code setting in configuration must be set to keep track of flags ect.  The controller can only keep track of flags from one house code.

Flags are not associated with house codes, nor is there any configuration setting for them. I think you might be meaning "monitored house code" as opposed to "flags".

philbailey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

Thanks everyone!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.