Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wireless camera interference  (Read 4253 times)

newbomb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
wireless camera interference
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »

After setting up 6 wireless camera's and motion detectors that have so much interference that I have to get rid of my 2  2.4Ghz phone systems in my home. Been real nice if I had known that up front. Would have gone with wire camera's. In addition, the xcam2 B/W wireless camera's are not low light camera's at night, they are no light camera's. Is there a x10 motion flood light available, that will kick in to enhance the operation of these camera's?
Thank you,

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: wireless camera interference
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »

.... the xcam2 B/W wireless camera's are not low light camera's at night, they are no light camera's. Is there a x10 motion flood light available, that will kick in to enhance the operation of these camera's?

Yes! I use the X10 floodlights (PR511) to turn on my X10 cameras.

It's true that X10 cameras do require a light source... and that's a GOOD thing. Floodlights (actually all outdoor lights) are known to deter crime. I'd much rather have an intruder [scared by light] move on to another target... than [record] IR captured video of the intruder that harmed a loved one. Activity around my home at night.... lights things up like daylight... as well as recording and emailing video images.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.